• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Leviathan Bones (BotW)

Im at the Mozo Shenno shrine. There is no skeleton
Sorry, my bad... was only looking at the map without checking I was looking at the right shrine... it's actually...
To Quomo shrine, underneath Hebra North Summit, with the entrance to the cave almost due North of the Biron Snowshelf.

The Wind Fish wasn't part of the dream- the Wind Fish was the dreamer itself. And he was seen after waking flying over the sea, so definitely exists in the real world.

And there's precedence for Oceans becoming Deserts in SS's Sand Sea.

I was just looking at the BotW map and thinking to myself that there is a TON of geological evidence that a great portion of the map was covered by water at some point. The most compelling evidence is on the northeast corner of the map at the northwest edge of the Akkala Sea. Keep in mind that this theory works the opposite of how bodies of water tend to work as you normally have water flowing out to sea and not inland. Careful, there may be spoilers ahead as this refers to a completely revealed map.

Lat: 1.3573, Lng: 1.0959. At the given coordinates is a strange plateau that ends at the edge of the navigable map where you can see in front of you an even stranger ridge of mountains that divides the Akkala Sea from a very deep canyon that runs along the northern edge of the map which also cannot be traversed. This implies that the canyon is deep enough to have once been a part of that sea.

At Lat: 1.3704 Lng: 0.7302, there is a split in the canyon where one branch continues to run to the west and the other begins to run southwest and comes to an end at the northwest base of Mount Drena. Looking at where the southwest branch ends, it's conceivable that the Forgotten Temple could have allowed water to flow through into Tanagar Canyon, where it eventually would rejoin the main branch near Hemaar's Descent.

There is also significant geological evidence based on elevation that the Tanagar (Canyon) River would have turned much of Hyrule into a flood plain with entry points around the Rowan Plain, Tabantha Stable, and Lake Illumeni.

If Hyrule had been a flood plain, the water levels of all of the rivers would have also been higher causing an overflow at Gerudo Canyon Pass and possibly the Taobab Grassland into boadies of water. Gerudo Canyon Pass would have then been the Gerudo River and the Gerudo Desert a lake or sea.

Finally, there are various scattered formations that hint at the existence of ancient waters, including the canyon leading southwest to the Yiga Clan located at Lat: 0.9288 Lng: 0.4922, the gorges leading to Loshlo Harbor next to Ebon Mountain at Lat: 0.8279 Lng: 1.0261, the large amount of chests hidden in the sand in the Gerudo Desert, and, even though it's at a higher elevation, the large amount of chests in the now in the Gerudo Highlands.

Anyhow, this isn't very well thought out, but I've been thinking about it ever since I noticed the mountain ridge next to the Akkala Sea and began looking at the map as a whole with flowing bodies of water in mind and the elevation and topology of the map. I'm interested to know what others think about this "ancient water" theory. If there's enough interest, maybe I'll make a post dedicated to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom