• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Leviathan Bones (BotW)

So in BotW there are remains of ancient Leviathans (massive whales in this context) dotted around Hyrule. There are three, and they are all slightly different...

One is a huge toothed whale skeleton with eye sockets on the top of its head and a shrine dungeon in its belly.
One has a thick bony plate on its skull and two sets of flippers.
One is a baleen whale skeleton at the top of a mountain, suspended in the air and has tiny flippers/wings on the top.

Whether an Easter Egg or intentional canon, I think we're looking at the bones here of Jabu Jabu, Levias and the Wind Fish...

At first i thought Skyward Sword dragons before i saw my first skeleton, but then after seeing the big 'plate head' i immediately thought of Levias. I still need to see the other two but i love the theory and hope its correct :)

Last edited:
Why would they not? They're ancient creatures that long ago died and have fossilised. We don't ask how Dinosaur bones show up on mountains!

I dont think it would be hard to place two of them;

Levias probably just fell out of the sky, landed near death mountain and eithet decayed or had the flesh picked off of him.

Jabu Jabu, if thats him in the desert, is easy too. If BoTW is 10,000 years after TP then oceanic activity may have been the cause. An ocean may have dried up and created the desert we have in BoTW. There are a lot of bones in the desert probably for this exact reason.

Wind Fish is the hardest one since its not clear if it was even real, unless he was pulled out of Link's dream Freddy style. The Wind Fish could fly too so it may have dropped out of the sky when it died too, just happened to drop into a frozen wasteland.

The Wind Fish wasn't part of the dream- the Wind Fish was the dreamer itself. And he was seen after waking flying over the sea, so definitely exists in the real world.

And there's precedence for Oceans becoming Deserts in SS's Sand Sea.

I don't think that would be Jabu-Jabu in the desert... seems like they're just trying to push the idea that the desert was once an ocean... which goes along with the fish-like design of the Molduga, and the presence of the sand seals.

Don't see why it shouldn't be Jabu. OoA establishes Jabu can die and reproduce and do general whale things. Think he or one of his descendants is just as likely as anything else.

Actually, it's the desert one that's probably the Wind Fish after looking closer, as that one has the little wings on the top.

Actually, it's the desert one that's probably the Wind Fish after looking closer, as that one has the little wings on the top.
was just about to say that.
Gg3C33y.jpg

So in BotW there are remains of ancient Leviathans (massive whales in this context) dotted around Hyrule. There are three, and they are all slightly different...

One is a huge toothed whale skeleton with eye sockets on the top of its head and a shrine dungeon in its belly.
One has a thick bony plate on its skull and two sets of flippers.
One is a baleen whale skeleton at the top of a mountain, suspended in the air and has tiny flippers/wings on the top.

Whether an Easter Egg or intentional canon, I think we're looking at the bones here of Jabu Jabu, Levias and the Wind Fish...

Where is the one in the frozen wasteland?

In a cave in the Hebra province, underneath the Biron Snowshelf. The Mozo Shenno shrine is inside the skeleton, so you can use the Sheikah Sensor to point you in the right direction once you get close.

Im at the Mozo Shenno shrine. There is no skeleton

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom