• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Letter in a Bottle.

S

supergoron97

I think that she did put it there, and couldn't remember because of the events that happened in the cave, or Ganondorf put it it there to trick Link into getting the spiritual stone of water from her

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
What events that happened in the cave? As far as you see, and as far as she says, nothing happens to her, and she is fine. This seems true as she isnt being attacked when you meet her, and I doubt she ever was attacked given that she isnt armed and almost certainly wouldnt still be standing if she was attacked. Until Link turns up she is fine. It must Have been Ganondorf that put the 'letter in the bottle.' If it were Ruto Nintendo would make it far more obvious, they always do. If it were her, she would say something like 'No its not my bottle. This ink is on my hands because I was painting.' Or 'No i didnt write that note. Can I have my bottle back?'

she put it there. She just didn't know that she did. I think that being in jabu-jabu's belly may have done something to her memory. maybe the shock of getting eaten by jabu-jabu messed up her mind? Dunno.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Shes a young girl who doesn't want to get in trouble it says it on the bottle. "Don't tell my father". So the bottle was for someone other than a Zora.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Why would Ganondorf have put the bottle in Lake Hylia if Link was looking for the spiritual stone in Zora's Domain? Also, I don't think Ruto was really trapped until she fell down the hole in Jabu-Jabu's Belly, so she wouldn't have sent for help. After all, she is proud, and she said she'd been in there plenty of times, so I'm sure she felt that she didn't need help. What I don't understand is why Ganondorf would put all the pain on Jabu - Jabu if it was Ruto who had the stone.

I like the idea of Ganondorf putting it there, and as for putting Jabu Jabu through that, it suited his needs, he didn't care who (or what) he hurt.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
But how would torturing Jabu-Jabu help him? I mean, if big, fat, King Zora sits in front of the entrance to Lord Jabu-Jabu all day, and he had no clue that Ruto had been going on adventures through Jabu-Jabu's inestines, than how would Ganon have had any clue? I don't think Ganon would want to waste his forces on Jabu-Jabu, who may not have any special powers at all for all we know.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Ganondorf is trying to lure Link to all the spiritual stones so that he will get the Master Sword and release the seal. The reason he 'tortured' Jabu-Jabu is because he also wanted Link to die, so he had no problem with filling Jabu-Jabu with monsters and seeing how Link woud fair. He probably wanted to weigh up his enemy kinda aswell. So, yeah, I think it was Ganondorf that put the bottle there. Little did he know, giving Link a bottle isn't a clever Idea, he can do lots with one, including return one of Ganon's light balls :D.

Steve

5/19/13
Shes a young girl who doesn't want to get in trouble it says it on the bottle. "Don't tell my father". So the bottle was for someone other than a Zora.

You would think it would be that obvious, no? Yet people come up with theories without any evidence, and I really don't see how it would not have been Ruto. Clearly the "Don't tell my father" is a dead give away, why would Ganondorf care whether or not he knew? King Zora is powerless, and Ganon isn't as all-knowing as people think, I honestly doubt he knew she was there.

When Ganondorf attacked the Deku Tree and sealed off the Dodongo cavern, it clearly means he was looking for them himself. So if he had known Ruto had the Sapphire, he would have tried to get it himself. Remember, that the area of where Jabu is, is the source of the river, which flow into Lake Hylia. So for those saying that "she was inside Jabu, she couldn't have brought it to the lake", it was carried downstream.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
i think that maybe she wrote it the first time jabu jabu eated her and that he pooed it out and the water flow from zora's fountain to lake hylia carried it there. Also Ruto probably didn't want to get in trouble so she denied it. Also with complete access to the intestines you would think that she would try to get jabu jabu to poo her out instead of have him poo out a bottle to try to get help and risk getting digested. But that's video game logic.

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
First theory: Ruto wrote the message while she was in Lord Jabu-Jabu and put it in a bottle. :bottle: Then, she put it in his main stomach, so he rejected it...(I won't go into details) After that, the bottle :bottle: followed the current of the river and ended up in Lake Hylia.

Ruto was simply lying when she said she didn't know anything about a letter in a bottle. She didn't want to get in trouble and didn't want his father to know she's there.

Second theory: Ruto wanted to go inside Lord Jabu-Jabu to take back the spiritual stone he had swallowed. So, she must had written the message BEFORE she got into Jabu-Jabu. And she didn't want her father to know she had lost it...

I always thought that Ruto did put the letter in the bottle.
I always thought that she lied, when she said that she didn't put the letter in the bottle.
I saw it as she was too proud of herself to ever admit that she needed help.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
This is what i think. When jabu jabu first ate her when she was a little kid (my evidence ruto: i've been going inside jabu jabu since i was little) she found a bottle and some paper and a pen or something inside him. She found her way to the rectum (jabu jabu's butt hole) and tossed it. Jabu jabu pooped it out and the water flow from zora's fountain carried it to lake hylia. She wrote 'don't tell my father' cuz even then she was headstrong and had a tough girl image that she wanted to maintain. And the reason she denied link's accusation that she wrote the letter cuz she really didn't remember it. And thus you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom