• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Letter in a Bottle.

In OoT, Ruto says she doesn't know anything about a letter in a bottle. So if she didn't put it under lake hylia, who did?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
She was simply in denial. A lot of girls her age would simply lie to ensure that a truth would not be let out. Perhaps that note was from the first time she entered Jabu Jabu?

Like Petman said, Ruto as a child seemed to be a very proud and stuck up person. She probably wouldn't want to admit to complete stranger (Link at that time) that she had asked for help. As for the bottle actually reaching Lake Hylia, there isn't a "current" exactly, but there is a direct stream of water flowing from Jabu Jabu's domain and the lake itself, so it seems possible that the bottle might end up there.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
This always confused me. I thought perhaps Ganondorf put it there to entice you into Jabu-Jabu expected Link to be killed inside. However, this is unlikely. I do not think it was Ruto, I think if it was then nintendo would have made it more obvious that she was lying. For example, have her say something like 'NO! A bottle? That's not mine *goes red* could I have my bottle back?' Otherwise it wouldnt make sense to younger players.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
Well I agree with Petman the she was in denial and cofused. And she might have wrote it but she lost it sank to the bottem and flowed all the way to lake Hylia because of that screat passage way to get there. But I don't remember what the note said so I can't give my real thoughts.:(

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
It's not so hard to believe that it was put there by somebody else, say, Ganondorf. He's a mastermind, remember? He probably knew what was going to happen to Ruto, and he made it clear that he kept an eye on Link. Link and Zelda are like puppets in OoT. They tried to do good, but end up doing exactly what Ganondorf wanted. I figure it was Ganondorf... or at least he had something to do with it. He could very well have had a minion do it for him.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's not so hard to believe that it was put there by somebody else, say, Ganondorf. He's a mastermind, remember? He probably knew what was going to happen to Ruto, and he made it clear that he kept an eye on Link. Link and Zelda are like puppets in OoT. They tried to do good, but end up doing exactly what Ganondorf wanted. I figure it was Ganondorf... or at least he had something to do with it. He could very well have had a minion do it for him.

Nah, I don't think so...
Petman's theory is more plausible.
A lot of young girls hide the truth at any cost, and, in this case, she did so, to ensure that she would still look tough and in fact didn't really need Link's help.
Even though your theory is also a very plausible one

G

Gokou

Don't we remember that Ganondorf was waiting for Link to open the Door of Time? I believe he had a hand or two in Link's quest without Link actually knowing.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Ganondorf most likely did it so link would collect the last stone. How else would link know to let a giant fish swallow him? Ganondorf can't just run over there and tell him, because then link might realize he's doing the VILLAIN a favor.

..And sorry if I'm forgetting something, but ruto was stuck inside the Jabu-Jabu guy. How would she be able to get a bottle, paper and get it to lake hylia out of Jabu-Jabu?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Ganondorf most likely did it so link would collect the last stone. How else would link know to let a giant fish swallow him? Ganondorf can't just run over there and tell him, because then link might realize he's doing the VILLAIN a favor.

..And sorry if I'm forgetting something, but ruto was stuck inside the Jabu-Jabu guy. How would she be able to get a bottle, paper and get it to lake hylia out of Jabu-Jabu?

I'd have thought this was fairly obvious. She could easily get Jabu-Jabu to... excrete it.

Also, i'm pretty sure nothing in the letter mentions that you must give Jabu-Jabu a fish to enter him. So whats all this about Ganondorf helping him?

A point of a lot of speculation on my part when I first encountered it.. Ruto might have been Lying but the designers of the series are pretty good about making jokes and such pretty obvious so they might have made it more transparent if it was her. Maybe Ganondorf but at that point I'm not sure he knew Ruto was in Jabu Jabu.. though he might have known she had the stone. We will probably never know.. Rauru could have done it to help along the future Hero of Time.. who knows.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I'd have thought this was fairly obvious. She could easily get Jabu-Jabu to... excrete it.

Also, i'm pretty sure nothing in the letter mentions that you must give Jabu-Jabu a fish to enter him. So whats all this about Ganondorf helping him?

I meant that link probably wouldn't have known that ruto was inside Jabu-Jabu, because it would be stupid if link purposely tried to get eaten without a reason. Sorry I may have worded some of my last post badly. Anyways it still doesn't make sense to me ruto was carrying around a pen, paper and bottle.

I think its just one of those funny little things that is meant to do exactly what it is doing.. getting people to talk about a game that came out years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom