• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lets Talk About the Sea of Clouds

Hi people

at this point I am sure everyone has seen the "Sea of clouds", let me start with these questions

1-So, you will be able to fly around and explore, but, there are actually islands (floating ones) that you would be able to explore someway like in wind waker?

2-what do you think is this?:

cloudsk.png

do you think is just a barrier hiding something you are not be able to explore so early, it will be something important story wise? or is just a very common sphere of clouds? :P

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
maybe the sphere is like the large tornado in WW and it will mess with you in some way such as move you to another location or drop you to the underworld.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I have absolutly no clue as to what the huge sphere of clouds could be. That Nate guy from Nintendo of America said that when your flying (in the final game) you can jump off at any moment and explore various islands, he even compared it to the Wind Waker!

As to what I actually think about the sea of clouds, and Skyloft in general, I think they both look amazing, and all the colours make it so much better, I don't know how people could preffer Twilight Princess' graphics now, wich look bland in comparison.

This is slightly off topic, but the aforementioned Nate guy confirmed that there is a musical instrument that you can play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6yDFoa4g0
At 4:08, he says there is a playable instrument!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Haha, I just noticed that the Wiimote HUD is gone! Yay for that! :D

Vibed

must read before he posts
I hope the sea of clouds is huge! I want to explore a ton of those islands! I hope there's bigger ones that have more than just a single room cave.

As for that cluster, my first guess would be a just an area that's foggy and hard to see with some island inside it.

I doubt it's important story wise, as this was shown during the demo. Link also still has his normal clothes on, which I assume means nothing too important has happened story wise.

Probably just an embankment of clouds that harbors an explore-able area that isn't accessible yet at this point in the game. There's also a chance that it's just a sealed off area that can't be accessed, since it IS only the demo version of the game. Another possibility is a strange weather phenomenon, like the cyclones or whirlpools in the Wind Waker. (lol @ Skypools?)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's one of those infamous force fields that commonly serve to keep you from getting to certain places in a lot of video games.

EDIT: ^ This is regarding the "dome of clouds" seen in the distance. {Just needed to clarify.}

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing stuff and seeing those tiny little rock islands, I'm a little worried there won't be a lot to discover in the Sky besides that town of Skyloft, but I do hope I'm wrong and there are bigger floating islands not revealed to us yet. But the way the guy was talking about it seemed like most of the game was the land below and this Skyloft town is like the hub where to buy potions and stuff...... hmmm.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is confirmed to be like the Great Sea of The Wind Waker. The sky is the sea and the islands are, well, the islands. The entire sky is an overworld. Not just Skyloft. Skyloft is like Outset Island in that sense.

As far as that huge swirling thing goes, I have no idea. Probably hiding an island, or something. I'm sure it'll be something important.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
So yes, it has been confirmed that we will be able to explore the sky and those little islands can be explored. In this sense, the sky is like the Great Sea and we'll be able to explore all these little islands in the Sky. I believe that that the huge dome of clouds is where the sky temple is. In the picture above you can see that Link hasn't got his trademark green clothes on yet so obviously the story hasn't advanced yet. After Zelda falls, when Phi rescues Link from falling, and when he sets out on his quest to find Zelda, that portion of cloud will open revealing the Sky Temple. That's what I believe anyways, because why else would there be a MASSIVE dome of clouds that may seem like it's hiding something :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom