• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let's Play Metroid Prime

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Hey there gamers it's LolGames4U and I've started a new Let's Play of Metroid Prime! [video=youtube;JboktOELby0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboktOELby0[/video] I have currently uploaded 6 parts and more are coming every day! It's 100% (or at least TRYING to be!) and I'm having fun with it so check it out! :)

Hey there gamers it's LolGames4U and I've started a new Let's Play of Metroid Prime! [video=youtube;JboktOELby0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboktOELby0[/video] I have currently uploaded 6 parts and more are coming every day! It's 100% (or at least TRYING to be!) and I'm having fun with it so check it out! :)

Thanks for posting this. Metroid games are personally very hard for me!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
The reason I didn't get the Wii Prime Trilogy was that it's $60 for the Trilogy but it was I believe $30 total for the 2 GC and 1 Wii games so yeah. I'll probably get the Trilogy just for collector's purpose sometime. Thanks for watching!!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
$60 for Trilogy? o .o'

Well you certainly did do a good first LP; could I ask what capture card you use? And maybe could I ask for a vid of your setup, just to be sure? lol

geek4887

The Unknown
Best $4.00 I've ever spent on a video game (probably the only 4.00 I've spent on a video game anyway lol).

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
$60 for Trilogy? o .o'

Well you certainly did do a good first LP; could I ask what capture card you use? And maybe could I ask for a vid of your setup, just to be sure? lol

I use an...elgato video capture card. I had a Dazzle but I'm Mac so the dazzle didn't work...some stuff's getting cut off at the bottom. I'll make a set-up vid sometime sure!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
What difference is there between the GC version and the trilogy version.
Id expect it to be just a slight improvement in graphics.
Its a real good game probably the easiest of the prime trilogy.

the graphics may have a slight upgrade but not very much, looked good as it was anyway. the main difference is the controls, it's point and click to do all the shooting and to change weapon/visor, you hold -/+ respectively and it will bring up your weapons/visors, you just point to which one you want to use and release the -/+ button. there's also more stuff to unlock, like soundtracks, artwork and other things. you can also get a camera mode that allows you to take screenshots.

i have two issues with the game

1. as you go through the game you get different types of credits for various achievements which you use to unlock thing but the best things can only be unlocked with Friendship Credits. you collect them as you go along but you have to send them to someone else so they can use them, so in order for me to unlock the good stuff, someone has to send me the credits they have collected but as i don't know anyone that has the game, i can't unlock a lot of stuff.

2. as the 3 games are on 1 dual layer disk, it can take a long time for the game to load between rooms, which can be really frustrating when there's a time limit or you're blasted by some git and are low on health.

still, the games are SO much fun and i will certainly be playing them again

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
the graphics may have a slight upgrade but not very much, looked good as it was anyway. the main difference is the controls, it's point and click to do all the shooting and to change weapon/visor, you hold -/+ respectively and it will bring up your weapons/visors, you just point to which one you want to use and release the -/+ button. there's also more stuff to unlock, like soundtracks, artwork and other things. you can also get a camera mode that allows you to take screenshots.

i have to issues with the game

1. as you go through the game you get different types of credits for various achievements which you use to unlock thing but the best things can only be unlocked with Friendship Credits. you collect them as you go along but you have to send them to someone else so they can use them, so in order for me to unlock the good stuff, someone has to send me the credits they have collected but as i don't know anyone that has the game, i can't unlock a lot of stuff.

2. as the 3 games are on 1 dual layer disk, it can take a long time for the game to load between rooms, which can be really frustrating when there's a time limit or you're blasted by some git and are low on health.

still, the games are SO much fun and i will certainly be playing them again

Yeah good point about the loading times with the doors! Even though I'm playing just Prime on its own disc I noticed when I was escaping the Frigate Orpheon that the doors took a LONG TIME to load and I barely had any time left (as evident in the video).

And if anyone has any tips how to make my videos higher resolution and not quite as dark...lemme kno. That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom