• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let's Make Some Magic

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Maybe it was the SHIEKA tribe that used magic, huh?

Actually, yeah, I was going to bring that up. From what we know, most of the Sheikah tribe was exterminated during the Hyrulean Civil War. The remnant, it seems, became loyal to the Hylian Royal Family. My theory is that the Dark Interlopers were comprised primarily of Sheikah (it is shadow magic, like the twili use), with members from other tribes as well. Therefore, these wielders of shadow magic (who fought, just like everybdy else, in the HCW, for control of the Triforce and Sacred Realm), were banished to the Twilight Realm by the Light Spirits. The rest of the Sheikah were either foot soldiers killed in the war, or did not affiliate themselves with the Interlopers, and served the Hylians.

In Twilight Princess, the absence of the Gerudo is likely explained by either a Hylian invasion (when they converted the Spirit Temple into the Arbiter's Grounds), or by whatever stunt Ganondorf pulled after Link informed Zelda of his plot. Possibly Ganondorf directly attacked Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time, with his armies of Gerudo behind him, but was defeated because of Zelda's preparing action. Either way, most of the Gerudo were driven out by the action of the Hylians. The Gerudo were likely not the magic wielders described in ALttP, not because they didn't use magic, but because they never succeeded in gaining access to the Sacred Realm with Ganondorf. The Sheikah, who were likely the majority of the Dark Interlopers, on the other hand, started a huge civil war to gain access to the Sacred Realm, and they were, in fact banished.

I believe these to be the Gerudo because they were the ones who attempted to take over the Sacred Realm with Ganondorf as their leader.
The crucial difference is that, in the Child Timeline, Ganondorf never succeeded in gaining access to the Sacred Realm, and they were not banished to the Twilight Realm. We know that the Dark Interlopers were the ones banished to the TR, that they used magic, and that they tried to control the Sacred Realm. That was a long time before OoT and Ganondorf's attempts to break in- all the way back during the Civil War.

Anyway, I'd like to see Zemen's game, just as long as the magic doesn't play a major role in combat- sword elemental affinities I can understand, but using magic all the time to fight sounds like a hassle. Maybe it would work for Zelda co-op or something. Even if the Triforce of Courage doesn't necessarily have magic attached to it (the Deku Leaf and the Great Fairy of whatever gave Link magic in WW and OoT), Ganondorf perhaps cursing it to reject magic would work.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting prospect for a Zelda game, and one I would actually really like to see. I've always wanted magic to make a return to the series (and not just some little magical items, full spells.)

I especially like the idea of casting spells like with the instruments, and the idea of elemental blades, which could allow for very intriguing puzzles and challenges. I would also like to see other sorts of spells, such as fire blasts or perhaps more passive spells like walking on water or flying, but the sword idea is very cool also.

I also like your ideas for placement in the timeline.

Perhaps you should pursue making a fangame. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom