• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Less Popular Childhood Places

We all know Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Sea World and Chuck E Cheese, but are there places you went to that wasn't as well known?

One of the places I can think of is Bullwinkle's. I don't even know if they're around anymore. It's like Chuck E. Cheese but instead of having its own mascots, it had the cast from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

Bullwinkle
Rocky
Dudley Do-right
Boris and Natasha
Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Fractured Fairytales
Under Dog

It had a lot of the same games, arcade, skee-ball, hoops, air hockey and the pizza...well...I'm not picky about my pizza but Pizza Hut they aint.

I've heard of Disneyland and sea world. I dont have a clue what those others are.

Magic Mountain is a park that caters more to thrill riders then it does to family fun. They're constantly trying to keep in the running to have the most coasters, the fastest, the highest, or the most innovative. They don't always win though.

Chuck E. Cheese is a themed pizza place with singing animatronics, arcades, games and prizes.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Fuddruckers. It's an actual restaurant, not a dyslexic swear word.
They have one were I live, supposedly they have big hamburgers. It technically isn't supposed to be a kid's place... for some reason you do see a lot of kids there though. I actually have Dyslexia and at first glance it looked like you wrote ****ers.

There used to be a place were I live called Flying Frogs - it was a rip off of Chuck E. Cheeses, I never went in it though. There is also some new place little kids go around here called Monkey Joe's.

I've heard of Disneyland and sea world. I dont have a clue what those others are.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I haven't really been to any kids places except Butlins and the local midsummer fair, oh and I used to do those little colouring books as McDonalds when I was small too if that counts.

Mido

Version 1
Kiddieland

Aside from this magical place, I suppose I could name a few! There was Jeepers, a jungle gym place with a mini roller coaster as its trump card (It has since changed its name to Go Bananas); and a gigantic Little Caesar's jungle gym/arcade hybrid called Caesarland, which closed down years ago. I don't know what it is about jungle gyms, but when I was younger, they were awesome!

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
There was a place at the shopping mall for kids to stay while their parents shopped called Tumbletown. I loved it. It was cool. But I only ever went like 3 times. I think it was really expensive.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I honestly don't think I ever went to any "kiddy" places like that as a kid. My mother hated Chuck E. Cheese with a passion and refused on principle to ever take us. I don't think I've ever so much as even been in one. It's just as well, I guess. The commercials are creepy af.

I think the closest thing I ever did as a kid was lasertag in summer camp. I've been to Dave & Buster's before, but that was in college. It wasn't anything great.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Enchanted Castle in Lombard Illinois! The best place ever! Other than Laser Quest in Arlington Heights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom