• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Lenzo (the Pictograph Guy) is Link's Grandfather?

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I just noticed this today in Wind Waker, I thought it was pretty interesting.

When you talk to the pictograph guy, Lenzo, on Windfall Island, about his picture of Outset Island that he has hanging on the wall upstairs in his shop, he says, "It (meaning Outset Island) is the most delightful of fishing villages, innocent and rich with nature's bounty... It was there that I met a beautiful young lass... Although I suppose she is probably not as young as she used to be these days..."

I think that the fact that he mentions this is Nintendo trying to tell us something here, so it seems that he is a relative of Link, which nicktheslayer convinced me means that it would be his grandfather, and that the "beautiful young lass" would be Link's grandmother.

What does everyone think? Am I the last to know, or is this like some wicked cool discovery (I realize that no one really says "wicked cool" anymore)

Creds to nicktheslayer for determining which relative.

Yes, I've read about this, and pondered on it for a while (as I often do :P). The photo of Outset Island in Lenzo's gallery and Lenzo's talk about a "young lass" (possibly referring to Link's Grandmother) suggests a relationship between Link's Gran-gran and he, possibly resulting in one of Link's parents, hence the theory, Lenzo might be Link's grandfather.

Though, the context also kinda suggests a sort of little "fling" between Link's Gran and Lenzo. He probably met her on one of his past sailing voyages and found her to be a subject of beauty for his photography. BUT...There's still a huge chance that Lenzo is Link's grandpa. :yes: Well, there's my two cents. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom