• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Length of The Game?

How long would you like Skyward Sword to be? 50 hours like Twilight Princess? or as short as Majoras Mask? ( I know it's not short but in terms of Zelda games it is.) I would like it to be just as long, if not longer than TP.
Just wondering if there were any people out there that didn't like how long TP was :P

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I remember playing a FF game. It was FF IV, I think and it was the first (and only) FF game I have ever played, so I didn't know hhow long it was going to be. Now, I don't recall exactly what happened, but I had played the game for a long time already, a few weeks, so I was sure that I was almost at the end.

And then some apocolyptic event took place, and I learned that I was really only halfway through the game. Being really into it, I was very exited. I LOVE it when a good game is longer then you origonally predicted.

In OoT, it was a little obviouse that after you got the MS, there was more to the game. In TP, it was a little more subtle with the mirror shards. To get back on topic now, I want a long game. Not just long like, "It's going to take you months to beat this game." But more, "There is so much to do in this game, there's no way you can finish it quickly."

*Rereads post.* Oh my god, my logic needs some work...

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't think I ever played Twilight Princess for 50 hours(like 35 max for me). Then again, I've never collected everything.
But back on topic, I'd love a long game. If there's going to be a lot of little things in the overworld, it'll give us a ton to explore and have a lot of playtime along with it. But then again, having a super long game could possibly be boring.
Bottom line is, I'd like it long, but not too long.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
I'd love it to be long if they managed to make it fun the whole time. If not, TP length imo was perfect.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I personally would like SS to be somewhere around the length of WW or MM. Just four main dungeons, maybe a couple lesser dungeons, and lots of sidequests. Fortunately, they've said that the game was going to be "denser" and have less to explore but more to do which I interpret as something like WW or MM; a somewhat short main quest, but a ton of sidequests.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'd like something about the length of MM or WW, with a TON of sidequests to make it longer. If you do all the sidequests in MM or WW, they both turn out to be very lengthy games. If you don't want to, then the games are short and sweet. I'd like a shorter game with a ton of sidequests since I have a short attention span with video games and I lose interest right before the end. This way if I want to finish it but I'm starting to lose interest, I could just skip over the sidequests and skip to the main storyline. But if I'm up for the challenge of doing everything, then that's what I'll do. Sorry if what I just said made no sense. :P

I don't expect much, but i want it to last at least 100 hours! (100%) :)
I expect this game to be pretty darn good, and it isn't fun too beat an amazing game in like 35 hours...

TP was like 90 hours to me when i completed it 100%

I want it to be as long as it is possibly possible, and I want it to be hard like HELL!! :cool:

I don't really understand when some gamers tell me:
"This game is very good, but it's too long."
WTH?! If it's good, then the longer it takes the better! :D

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I prefer games to be as long and drawn out as possible. I hope it's at least as long as WW, I personally thought that was pretty long. Although I'd rather have one as long as TP, if not longer. But I suppose I can forgive it being short if there's alot of sidequests and extra things to do. More importantly I want every minute of it to be extremely difficult! I'm getting really sick of these easy games that have been coming out lately. The more difficult the better.

Kybyrian

I would love for this game to be a very long one. I enjoy playing games that take me a long time to complete. It's rare though that you can find a game where it takes over 72 to hours on average to complete the main storyline, however. I'd be just as content if they made a big storyline that takes a long time to get through and then put a ton of stuff on the side, so you would be able to play for a long time, and hopefully those things on the side wouldn't be as boring as most of the traditional collection things, like gold skulltulas, poes, etc.

Well it doesn't nessisarily have to be long as in tons of dungeons and stuff, but i would like there to be A LOT of meat to this game. I want 150 hours. It's zelda. I used to play the older zeldas for months before I beat them, but thats because I was young and it took me a long time to figure things out. I now wish they either do this by uping the difficulty, or by addingg a lot of long deep sidequests, long non linear, intriguing dungeons with sidequests in them (fairys in MM), great NPC interactions, and lots of minigames. They could easily make a game this long if they added a lot of content. It needs lots of CONTENT!

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
The longer the game the better, but only if they actually find things worthwhile tofill it with. The worst thing you can do to a game is make it huge but with very little features and boring, I have faith in Zelda, They'll produce the goods!

Longer than Twilight Princess, preferably. ~50 hours really isn't that long, I'd much prefer a lengthier game with more substance. More detailed quests, and overall things to do with be nice.

I would love a game with a story about the length of Ocarina of Time and the amount of sidequests that Majora's Mask had. That would make everyone happy ( I think? ). If Nintendo did this and did this well, it would be the most epic zelda of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom