• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
1005092.jpg

Coolest. Movie. Ever.

Favorite character-Violet Baudelaire

Favorite Moment-the terrible train attempt/Aunt Jo's horrible fear of realters.

Favorite lines-"Oh, and by the way...you're a terrible actor."--Violet, said to Count Olaf/"Come away from the fridge. If it falls it will crush you flat."--Aunt Jo, said to Klaus.

Chyea...I'm obsessed. lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8kruBlhViE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8kruBlhViE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
A fan movie that I MADE!
Hehe...told ya.

Last edited:
I was okay with it. It wasn't the complete best but it was still really good because of Mr. Carrey of course.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I was okay with it. It wasn't the complete best but it was still really good because of Mr. Carrey of course.
Oh, I hate Jim Carrey in this movie. lol I just like the kids, Uncle Monty and Aunt Jo.

It was originally supposed to be Tim Burton directing, and Johnny Depp playing Count Olaf. They didn't give dear old Timmy any creative freedom, so he left, followed by his close friend Johnny boy.

Kazumi

chagy
I despised the movie, the books were ok, but I still prefer my version:
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Fortunate Events. Its just a whole series of a guy listing all of the fortunate things that happened to him. :P

Amelie

Air Dancer
I never read the books so I guess thats why I loved this movie. I actually really like Jim Carrey. It was VERY funny! But I might like the book more if I read it.

I just like the laughs the movie gave me ^^ The Aunt made me laugh to. And that house of hers was sooo scary!

Hanyou

didn't build that
I thought the movie was...odd. It was fun to watch, in that it had interesting set design and special effects, but I don't think it was particularly good as a film. The story jumped from place to place too quickly without allowing anyone to develop or grow except the children, and in general it seemed more like the tech demo for some bizarre uses of computer effects instead of an interesting narrative. Ironic that you mention Tim Burton was supposed to be the director--I really did get the vibe of a Burton movie. But that was part of my problem with it.

Also odd, my favorite thing about the movie was Jim Carrey. The other characters weren't particularly interesting, but Carrey anchored it in some familiarity. He's absurd, but that's acceptable because he's Jim Carrey; and when he showed up, I was okay with the movie not making much sense because I saw it as a comedy.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
AH, but it wasn't supposed to be a comedy at all.

The books have some comedic value, to be sure, but it was a lot more graphic and dark. And Count Olaf was not goofy. He was evil. And he killed all thirteen of their guardians.

But I still love the film, just because of Violet. <3

Amelie

Air Dancer
I thought the movie was...odd. It was fun to watch, in that it had interesting set design and special effects, but I don't think it was particularly good as a film. The story jumped from place to place too quickly without allowing anyone to develop or grow except the children, and in general it seemed more like the tech demo for some bizarre uses of computer effects instead of an interesting narrative. Ironic that you mention Tim Burton was supposed to be the director--I really did get the vibe of a Burton movie. But that was part of my problem with it.

Also odd, my favorite thing about the movie was Jim Carrey. The other characters weren't particularly interesting, but Carrey anchored it in some familiarity. He's absurd, but that's acceptable because he's Jim Carrey; and when he showed up, I was okay with the movie not making much sense because I saw it as a comedy.

Actually. I can understand what you are saying completely. It was very short. And it did jump from place to place lots! But I have not read the book yet. I might like the book even more once I read it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom