• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legends: Arceus Discussion

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Oh those wardens absolutely look like gym leader equivalents. I dont really mind so long as they do something cool with them. It seemed like they were more like guides and teachers than challenges based on the impression I got from the trailer.

I bet rival status will go to [Gender You Didnt Choose].

Fig

The Altruist
I'm still believing the main reason why it looks better is because the first trailer was rushed out and the bitrate of a stream made the quality of the game look worse than it should even post-stream (2-3 frame Chingling was born because of it). It's still looking alright for the most part, but we'll see what happens. I will say it's funny how we are to be making the first Pokédex yet we have a god phone with Arceus's design on it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
alright, so get this
the wardens are ancestors of the galactic admins
arezu=ares=mars
seuzu=zeus=jupiter
kronozu=cronus=saturn
who are the last two? I only remember Arezu among those names lol

also it will prolly be a mess of ancestries lol so I wouldn't be surprised if the admin's relatives were spread in other places too

mai seems to be marley's
lian seems to be clay's(?????)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

So according to this, the world and its areas aren’t gonna be seamless transitions into each other. It’s gonna be less Breath of the Wild and more Monster Hunter where you depart from your base and do things in a big area. I’m okay with that as long as I can leave town to goof off in the world whenever I want, coming and going as I please. I don’t think there was anything in the footage we saw that contradicts that possibility. Like, I can’t imagine you leaving town for a specific mission and only be allowed to do things pertaining to that mission. I’m interested to see some gameplay for these expedition mechanics.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

So according to this, the world and its areas aren’t gonna be seamless transitions into each other. It’s gonna be less Breath of the Wild and more Monster Hunter where you depart from your base and do things in a big area. I’m okay with that as long as I can leave town to goof off in the world whenever I want, coming and going as I please. I don’t think there was anything in the footage we saw that contradicts that possibility. Like, I can’t imagine you leaving town for a specific mission and only be allowed to do things pertaining to that mission. I’m interested to see some gameplay for these expedition mechanics.
That’s kinda disappointing, but I can see it working anyway.

Frankly I'm totally fine if it's not open world

An open-world Pokemon game done well would be mindblowingly good but I've seen enough open-world games fall completely flat that making open areas is a much safer bet and for the Pokemon Company I would honestly rather see them take the safer bet and make something good

that's how I'm reading it basically

you accept a quest that's "go to X area" so you go to that area

and that area is open

but the areas aren't connected

I'm totally fine with that, open worlds often end up being empty and lifeless anyways

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

Really interesting way to show off a new regional form. Micah Solusod did a fantastic job on the voicework here.

You know, it’s kinda funny how the guy is acting like video cameras are this new technology, and yet the quality of the video is about the level of something you’d see today.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
You know, it’s kinda funny how the guy is acting like video cameras are this new technology, and yet the quality of the video is about the level of something you’d see today.
"Professor Oak had to restore the video" plot wise, did you not see the original video that was all staticy?

Edit: I think he was using the Arceus phone which is a new and strange technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom