• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Legend of Zelda: TP Icon found in Wii U e-Shop

D

Deleted member 81859

It's probably either a test or an e-shop release, because I doubt Nintendo would do something like that at this point.
They seem to be pushing digital sales, and as TP was a sucess on the Wii they want it there-maybe to show off their good games? IDGAF anymore.

I'm not even gonna lie tho. If TP got an HD remastering I would flip out even harder than when I flipped out at Zelda U. I want the first video game I ever played in glorious HD.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Actually.... As more information is popping up... This very well may be an HD remake!
The icon found that would go in your Wii U doesn't have a Wii border around it, suggesting that it is a Wii U native game. This leads the data miner, Squidgirl(she is the one who is responsible for the Splatoon data mining, so she is a reliable source) to believe that this is indeed an HD remaster.

D

Deleted member 81859

Actually.... As more information is popping up... This very well may be an HD remake!
The icon found that would go in your Wii U doesn't have a Wii border around it, suggesting that it is a Wii U native game. This leads the data miner, Squidgirl(she is the one who is responsible for the Splatoon data mining, so she is a reliable source) to believe that this is indeed an HD remaster.
635515960571099487-1698085602_michaelscott24.gif

I didn't want children anyway.

WiiU VC port of the Wii version of the game. Nothing more in my opinion.

I hope it is not a HD remake. Every other remake (OOT/MM/WW) have all been garbage in my opinion. Nintendo would probably **** up TPHD as well. I'd just rather play the original again. Sure TP is not perfect. But it'll sure be better than a garbage HD remake.

Aku

If they do whatever, I'd love it if they let you play with the Pad instead of the Wii-mote. No point in getting one of those just to play a single game.

If they do whatever, I'd love it if they let you play with the Pad instead of the Wii-mote. No point in getting one of those just to play a single game.
They could just port the GC version to the VC. That would be the first GC title on the VC. It would make for a good first GC title on the VC I would say.

I'm inclined to agree with the people who think this simply means Twilight Princess is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console.

If this does turn out to be a proper HD remake, I can see why Nintendo would want to release it in the next few months.

Having a remake of arguably one of the best Zelda games would make the 30th anniversary of the franchise have more weight. Also, it'd be a consolation factor for people who were annoyed at Nintendo for delaying Zelda Wii U in the first place.

That said, it could be a consolation factor in a totally different way if Zelda Wii U turns out to be a repeat of the Twilight Princess release situation. Fans who were expecting the Wii U to have an exclusive Zelda game, just like every Nintendo console before it, would be rightfully pissed, and Nintendo would want to release a little something to appease them.

In the end, Nintendo probably wouldn't worry too much about what a few Wii U owners think either way. They've shown themselves capable of expanding their audience from one generation to the next with the Gamecube to Wii.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I want to Stress again that the person who dug this up, Octogirl, definitely believes that this is not just a straight Wii port.
Octogirl said:
If it were just a Virtual Console title for Twilight Princess they wouldn't put in much effort, it literally uses vWii and the old files
Furthermore, the icon she found doesn't have the "Wii Border" along with the actual title nearly being "Twilight Princess HD" albeit hard to decipher.

Also, @Spirit, come out of your hiding!!!!!
You are missing all of the fun again!
You said it yourself that this would be Nintendo's way of making it up to you... It seems like that is coming true :)

WiiU VC port of the Wii version of the game. Nothing more in my opinion.

I hope it is not a HD remake. Every other remake (OOT/MM/WW) have all been garbage in my opinion. Nintendo would probably **** up TPHD as well. I'd just rather play the original again. Sure TP is not perfect. But it'll sure be better than a garbage HD remake.
WWHD was literally a perfect remake though. It revamped the graphics, fixed the games pacing, it stayed true to the original, it also added some new features as well.

Clank

Hmm
I would hope they make it an "HD remaster", in the sense of tweaking the game engine to render at a higher resolution, but other than that, there's absolutely no reason to make an HD remake, the textures in the original are perfectly fine.

None of these are remakes. Remasters, sure. Remakes, no.

And while I love the Wind Waker port, it wasn't perfect either. They removed a lot of the cartoonier elements with indoor lighting and such and tried to be a little *too* fancy with it.

All that said, Twilight Princess needs a remaster. It needs the graphics cleaned up. I just didn't expect it so soon.

I want to Stress again that the person who dug this up, Octogirl, definitely believes that this is not just a straight Wii port.

Furthermore, the icon she found doesn't have the "Wii Border" along with the actual title nearly being "Twilight Princess HD" albeit hard to decipher.
I can agree with this totally. I am aware the person believes it's a remake and not a straight up port. Maybe they are right. Who knows. In time we shall find out.
WWHD was literally a perfect remake though. It revamped the graphics, fixed the games pacing, it stayed true to the original, it also added some new features as well.
We can agree to disagree there. Sure WWHD has some improvements but the look, overbloom way too saturated colours and placement of a few items in the game just turned me off the remake so much. Originally I hated WWGC when it was released. I've since played WWHD and that experience really taught me how good WWGC was. Not perfect andf not the best LoZ game ever but it was alright. Better than I gave it credit for back in the day. The remake I'll steer clear of. After having played both of recent I just can't go back to the remake.

You know I'm always the first to over praise Nintendo for everything. But this time I really think Nintendo don't know how to properly ramake a LoZ game. Lets hope (if this is a TP remake) that it's not 4th time bad and this remake is actually good. If Ninntendo remove the great darker atmpsohere the original had (like they did for MM) I'll not be playing TPHD. I'll give TPHD a shot though. A good shot. But if Nintendo failed at the remake I'll just never play it again.

Sure it'll be more of a remaster than a remake . . . whatever, you're all right there. Lets hope Nintendo do it well this time.

We also have more into from the update servers

00050000-1019C800 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD
00050000-1014CA00 The Legend of Zelda™: Hyrule Historia
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00050000:_Wii_U_game_titles

The TPHD one makes sense. But what's the Hyrule Hysteria one? Is this a digital version of the book we can read of the WiiU or something? Does anyone have any info on this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom