• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda Series Coming to an End?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i would be VERY disappointed. LoZ is the only series i follow and love. would be horrible to think there would be no more new adventures to look forward to

Life would not be worth living. The earth will probably blow up or something. Got to play all the BS Zelda Games!

I would demand remakes of every game in the series and hope for a sequel series. Then I would find another Nintendo franchise to obsess over.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fortunately there are already many stupendous titles in the series, and I'd stick to playing the ones developed developed by the time it closed down. Unfortunately I'd be heartbroken and probably give up every other franchise beloved by me, all for the sake of dedicating my time and memories to this one. So either way I'd be stuck going through the current titles again. :D

I'd play my second favorite series Elder Scrolls.

Because every other Zelda game would become "obsolete"? O,o

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Well, if the Zelda Series ends, all you can really do is enjoy the games that were made. I think that if it were to end, it would be a shame, but Zelda does have to end sooner or later. If they just keep making more and more, there will be a point where the quality itself declines and it will become what Sonic has; living in the past of its glories, and hoping to make another great game.

But when Zelda ends, life will go on. The world won't end. I personally would still play the games over and over, but I'd still play other games too; Zelda isn't the only series I play. I've always felt that Zelda sooner or later will end, but I'm hoping it won't be for at least another ten or fifteen years. That is definitely pushing the boundaries, but it's worth hoping for.

The only thing that concerns me though is the release of the timeline. Now that we know the timeline, I don't think Nintendo can really move games around, they can place new ones in between older games in the timeline, but not switch old ones around. This may disrupt their creative process because now the public knows how things are supposed to fit. Going back on their word now would take away any credibility that Nintendo has and any official thing they release would be taken as seriously as a fan fiction.

But the thing is, Zelda is a legend for a reason. There will come a point where the legend has told everything that there is to tell; the Legend can't just continue indefinitely. Once the legend in its entirety has been unfolded, it's over. Zelda will be finished, whether it's ten years from now, or ten days, it's bound to happen.

Thareous i would still play zelda games just i would look forward to Elder Scrolls games like i used to look for forward to Zelda games thats all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If Zelda came to an end, I would laugh and stomp on its carcass. Kidding (hopefully).

If LoZ ended, I'd give the series a proper burial and move onto something like Kirby, Mario, Resident Evil or Call of Duty. Now, what I mean by "move onto" is that I'll fully integrate myself into whatever series it is to be at the time of LoZ's end. I'm just hoping it won't end for another twenty plus years, otherwise I'll have to rage (where's mah OoTHD?!)

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It's sad to even think about but it is very possible, not soon but it will happen some day. For me even though I like a lot of diffrent games Zelda is the best, no other game makes me want to go out on an adventure more than Zelda. Gladly there are many Zelda Games out there, I might even have time to play the tingle and spin-off games and dare I say it.....the CD-I games. Sadly when I think about of no new Zelda games kept coming out I might lose intrest in the series. It's a scary thought but it what's probaly would happen. I might play Elder-Scrolls or go to play more MMORPG's, but as long a Nintendo keeps making more Legend of Zelda! I won't stop intil I drop.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If Zelda comes to an end, I would hope that another series by another company would appear and try to provide us with similar gameplay.

There have been a few similar games. Okami, Star Fox Adventures, 3D Dot Heroes, etc. In the absence of an official Zelda series as a competitor, production of such games might increase. Especially if they knew Nintendo had no intention of getting in their way or anything.

Although it's unlikely to happen, in the advent of Nintendo discontinuing Zelda, I would hope they'd make all the material public domain so that fans could continue creating their own games.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Honestly if Zelda ever came to an end, I wouldn't be that upset. I love the Zelda francise and always will, but it's not the worst thing in the world if it ever does. And I'm sure someday it will, but wouldn't that be cool if it last another 25 years.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
No. Never. Not while I'm around. If it did go away, I would write a very forceful letter to Nintendo demanding they bring it back.

You know it's going to happen, eventually. All good things must come to an end. Be happy that this series was even made, don't whine because it's over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom