• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda Reboot

Groose

Groosenator
I've heard lots about people wanting a complete reboot to the Zelda franchise. I think that sounds alright, but I'm not exactly sure what that would entail. Tell me what you think: What about the franchise would be different? Would it still feature the same characters? Would it be a completely different timeline? Would it just be starting everything on a blank slate?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
wouldn't want a reboot. a remake of the first could be good but i wouldn't want them to start over again

The timeline is so convoluted at this point I think they should start over. Keep the old timeline forever engraved in Hyrule Historia and start fresh. What could be the harm? Thy wouldn't have to worry about placement in making the new game, it would allow more freedom for the developers and new fresher story lines.

Last edited:
I love a Zelda game no matter what... maybe it needs a restart... maybe it should continue... there are still lots of places that new games can be added on in the time line...
but I would get it no matter what :D

Nintendo already has such a fantastic foundation in the Zelda series so far, to kill it would just be...wrong. I would hate to see Zelda thrown away. They just need to keep building, draw everything closer together, until before you realize it, all the games are related to one another. Like how Hyrule was sunk for windwaker, that would be a great game. Reboot, no. Remakes? Absolutely, especially if they involve the 3DS and are name Majora's mask;)

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
The timeline would mess up!! Characters would not be ad good as the original but temples might be better.

Groose

Groosenator
They just need to keep building, draw everything closer together, until before you realize it, all the games are related to one another. Like how Hyrule was sunk for windwaker, that would be a great game.

That's what I was wondering. If they kept going with the timeline, how would they incorporate new stories. But that would be cool to actually see Hyrule's demise. It would make for a very dark Zelda story.

I don't think a reboot is a very good idea. I'd rather them just make some games to make sense of this whole timeline thing that I like to call LINKCEPTION. Lol

It's obvious that they didn't consider timelines nearly that much when making these games and with each release games continually switch places in the continuity and even contradict each other. I still think constantly always trying to tie in all the Zelda games seriously limits what they can do.

in my opinion there are to many un answered questions in the time line to start over again, maybe they could start a new franchise, or at least finish this one, but i will not be satisfied until i understand every bit of the games

MW7

I'd like to see a retro style new game, but other than that I don't care if they keep going with timeline or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom