• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda MMORPG

VeryCrazy

Escape if you can...
I'm sure it's been suggested before but I think it would be awesome if Nintendo made an MMORPG version of Zelda at some point. With customizable characters, clothing, weaponry, XP, everything! I think the world of Zelda would be perfect for a game like that. Also, what with the huge fanbase for Zelda games, it would be easy to populate the world and make a currency system and stuff.

Dragon Quest did it, why not Zelda?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It could be cool, but since it's Nintendo it would have to be a console MMORPG, and I'm not so sure about that.
Also, I play WoW, so I wouldn't have time to play another MMORPG :rolleyes:

Theres a game out there called Hyrule Total War, you should look it up.

Anyway, i think a Zelda MMO would rip away Zelda's identity entirely. The characters would be so mundane. Zelda is a highly stylised series, having an MMO version of it just makes me think that what makes Zelda Zelda would no longer be present with hundreds of thousands of people running around names that don't sound Hylian, Goron, Zora etc,

Dungeons wouldn't work the same, exploration wouldn't work the same. A Zelda MMO to me is like an evolution of multiplayer Zelda, a concept that i think is tacky at best to begin with. An MMO would just step that up and take away what it means to play a Zelda title.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've mulled the idea over in my head, even tried to actually plan out as if I was developing the game myself; though it just doesn't seem right. The Elder Scrolls seemed like the perfect game to make the transition and that series was already halfway there being a proper open world RPG with complete freedom. Zelda would have to change up so much that it would lose its identity.

I like how I imagine it would be in my head, but I wouldn't actually like to see it attempted. If it ever is though, I think the series should take small steps and see how they handle a open world first and then maybe move onto RPG-esque features.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'd much rather have a Pokemon MMO, but I think a Zelda MMO would be fun, too. I'd certainly play it, depending on how it was put together. I'd likely play a Zora or Kokiri healer or elementalist class if the option was available. I really liked the more puzzle like and labyrinthine dungeons in World of Warcraft, so if the dungeons were a huge puzzle that a team needs to figure out, that would be awesome, though probably pretty frustrating if you have someone not wanting to co-operate. But that can be said about any co-op game, especially ones online.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Pokemon MMO.
However, we kind of see elements of it in Xenoblade X, but the Xenoblade series would make for a fantastic MMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom