• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Korra: Season 3 - SPOILERS

P'li killed herself with her mind blast? I thought the metal did the job...

If you paused the episode at just the right moment, you can see the light from her explosion.
P'Li's_death.png

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
If you paused the episode at just the right moment, you can see the light from her explosion.
P'Li's_death.png

That's a pretty gruesome way to die... Fits in with the season though. Don't you guys think this season was bit darker than any other season from Korra or the Last Airbender? The killing of the Earthqueen, the deaths of Ming-Hua and P'li, the suicide of Ghazan and the revolution organised by Zaheer. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but you can really see that the creators are taking the series to the next level.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
That's a pretty gruesome way to die... Fits in with the season though. Don't you guys think this season was bit darker than any other season from Korra or the Last Airbender? The killing of the Earthqueen, the deaths of Ming-Hua and P'li, the suicide of Ghazan and the revolution organised by Zaheer. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but you can really see that the creators are taking the series to the next level.

Now let's see some of the good characters die for once :D

While this season was definitely the darkest, season 1 came close with it's murder/suicide thing and bloodbending stuff.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Now let's see some of the good characters die for once :D

Stop. No. I don't want them to bring on J.K. Rowling, George R.R. Martin, Steven Moffat, and Joss Whedon onto show staff. Why not? Well, according to a popular joke, "All four of them walk into a bar. Everyone you've ever known or loved dies."

I wouldn't mind seeing some of them die, though, don't get me wrong. But only if they don't play the "Let's kill off everyone's favorite characters" game. I wouldn't mind seeing Tenzin go (a few seasons down the line, after the Air Nomads have established themselves again so he gets a happy ending, but he really needs to, at some point, shout "I NEED SOMEONE TO BRING ME PICTURES! PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN!" or possibly invent a combustible lemon that burns peoples' houses down), or perhaps Lin, where Mako can take the reins of the RCPD from her. Or even Tonraq, Katara, or Zuko since he's always been there for Korra. Or maybe all five, so Korra would be truly alone for, perhaps, the final season and earn her happy ending.

Mask-Salesman

Nah, when they let one of the good guys die, they must have a good reason to do so. Not just kill them for the sake of killing.

But what are the expectations for Book 4? I thought that the Red Lotus would still be Korra's biggest treat in book 4, but I can't imagine that they still remain so powerfull after four prominent members are deceased or captured. I'm very curious if Korra will recover from her current state. She almost seemed depressed and really broken.

Nicole

luke is my wife
This is minor, but this INCLUDE X SEXUAL ORIENTATION TO PLEASE CROWD thing is getting quite ridiculous. Representing X orientation/race/religious belief for the sake of representing those things is not going ot improve the show, so why suggest it? Rather silly. :I

Easy for you to say when your sexual orientation is always the one represented. I could argue that a Korra/Asami dynamic would improve the show.

Mask-Salesman

Easy for you to say when your sexual orientation is always the one represented. I could argue that a Korra/Asami dynamic would improve the show.

I really don't get why so many people who watch the show are so obessed with Korra her love life. I always thought the scene's with her and Mako or Mako and Asami were the most boring and annoying ones of the first and second season. The fact that this was hardly in factor in season 3 made me love it even more. It's an awesome, high action cartoon with a great plot. It's not Twilight and shouldn't be about teenage love affairs.

And if you are implieing a lesbian relation in the series, I'd say you couldn't be more off. That's even worse.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

1) It's easy for me to say regardless of my sexual orientation. I don't give a damn if everyone is straight, gay, bi, whatever because ultimately that does not impact the show whatsoever.
2) If you could, you would. Sadly, you haven't, so I must assume you are incapable of arguing the point.
3) omg this show is #SOoODiVerSeEEE

P'Li's_death.png

Holy cow. I mean I know she died -- Zaheer said as much -- but I didn't know she nuked herself. Damn, I loved this season tbh it was 100x better than season 2 and 10x better than season 1. Season 3 = the prime of the Korra series imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom