• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Why must the good die young? :jake:

It's good to see that it's coming back to TV but it sucks that it isn't on the main nick channel instead of Nicktoons which only around 1 person watches. Korra still deserves better, in my opinion.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ryu dyed his hair? He's such a hipster omg

This was a great episode for the most part. As usual, Bolin was my favorite part of it. Gotta love that man. What a dork. I really hope things work out between him and Opal. I also enjoyed seeing Korra facing down Zaheer at last. I liked that part a lot until Raava suddenly came back? What? How? She "has always been inside" her? Wat? I am really confused. Seems like a cop-out to me. But I still really loved the episode, and I was happy with the way they handled Korra's recovery. A while back, I was scared that it'd be too rushed, but I'm actually really satisfied with it now. So, yay!

I felt a bit too much happened this episode as far as Korra's path to recovery goes, but since it was the fifth to last episode, meeting with Zaheer was appropriate closure for her inner turmoil. It was nice to see Zaheer's beard again from the start of book 3. He's definitely up there with Zulu as the best (converted) villain in the series.

After the Spirit World and Spirit Bending took a back seat in book 3, I was delighted to see it once more; there are still a few inconsistencies from earlier in the series, such as how Unalaq was able to use it without being fused with Vaatu, but those don't directly impact this season.

I can't wait for the Beifong break-in next week!

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Awesome episode in my opinion, definetly 8/10. It really seemed fitting that Korra spoke with Zaheer for closure of her problems. I do hope that she finally is back to her original self now, so she can finally go kick some Earth Empire ***. I was kinda disappointed that Toph didn't take down some mechs harvesting the spirit vines, I was kinda looking forward to that. I guess the action will really start in the next episode. Do you guys think Kuvira will try to attack the other nations with her spirit vine bombs? Should be interesting to see how this will develop.

I also think the Asami-Varrick combo will be a winner. Two of the smartest persons in the series combining their intellect should bring us something awesome. Goofy Varrick and serious Asami will also be hilarious.

This might have been my favorite episode in this season so far. Really excited for the rest of the season now. Oh, and bearded-long hair Zaheer rocks!

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
YES! YES!!! WHAT AN AWESOME EPISODE!!!

Oh man, this was a 20 min rollercoaster ride! I absolutely loved this episode from the beginning untill the end. It was amazing that Toph joined forces with the rescue crew to save Sue and her family! The tension between Beifong and Toph was great, I loved that scene where Bolin is just awkwardly eating his noodles while these two are going at it. Plus, I think we all knew that Zhu-Li never could betray Varrick, and this episode proves it.

Really shows the evil side of Kuvira by the way, the willingness to simply blow her up while testing the spirit vine canon. And that fight with Sue and Kuvira? Best. Metalbending. Fight. EVER! The show is really picking up pace now. Very little on Korra, but I think the spirits will turn around in the end and come to the rescue. Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I loved the episode. As always, Bolin was my favorite part. Well, my really favorite part was the face Lin made when Bolin mentioned her father. I was dying of laughter. Everything else in this episode was fantastic. I'm glad Zhu Li didn't really betray Varrick and everyone. I have to wonder if she did at first but changed her mind, or if it was her plan all along. Either way, it was cool of her. I'm really glad she's being less and less of Varrick's side-kick and more of her own character. And seeing Toph in action again was great. Interactions between her and Bolin were awesome. And I'm glad Bolin and Opal patched things up. I can't wait to see what Korra does now that the spirits won't help her. Can't really blame them, either. Humans take advantage of them a lot. I'm also looking forward to seeing the fruits of Varrick's and Asami's research. I was also getting a "cold war" vibe from President Raiko. "They have the big weapon so we need a bigger weapon!!!"

Wow, there was a lot to cover this time. xD

Last edited:
Wow. I'm blown away. I didn't expect such a fantastic episode.

Even if there are only three episodes left after this week's, and I don't see much room for Wu to develop, I'm glad he made a helpful suggestion. Also, Raiko was such a dick at the start of the meeting scene. I could never stand him.

The part with Korra was ok. I like how the creators keep emphasizing that perhaps the goals Korra and her opponents are trying to achieve aren't so different. But in the end, Korra's intentions will probably sway the spirits.

As for Operation Beifong, I couldn't have been more blown away. Toph got more screen time, we learned more about the not so pleasant past of the Beifong family, and there was a badass fight to top it off.

While I think Kuvira is a bit flat of a villain personality and goal wise, her intense acrobatics make for some of the most entertaining fights in the series. Unfortunately, it seems the apprentice has outclassed her master as Su was outsmarted relatively quickly.

I also came to grow a bit of appreciation for Batar Jr. I never really liked him before (sorry meme lords), but seeing him try to call the cannon attack off when he saw Opal land in the destruction zone really struck a chord with me.

I can't wait for Zhu Li's news to hit Republic City next week. We're on full steam towards the finale now.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Yessss, another good episode! The Beifong family is my favorite, and I love all of them! Also some people have made a note the one of the upcoming episodes, titled "Kuvira's Gambit", may result in the sacrifice of someone. I'm not sure if it will be a literal sacrifice, but I do believe Bataar Jr. will be involved. I can see him switching sides after he tried to stop the weapon from firing. Oh well, who knows? I'm so excited for the next episode!!

Fig

The Altruist
It's been a while since I posted about Korra and seeing how I missed the last three episodes (including today's episode) so I will touch upon all three in this single post.

Remembrances: I honestly don't see why people are so upset with this episode. I don't think it's bad to take a trip down memory for just a single episode and see how much the characters have grown since we first saw them in Book 1 of Korra. This is also the very last season for Korra so it was bound for a "clip episode" to occur and quite frankly I prefer to have had it sooner than later as that would ruin the pacing and would be quite awkward to be near the finale of the season and then just do a recap episode. I really enjoyed how Varrick told the true story of what has happened throughout the series but putting the focus on Bolin instead. It was quite funny to see giant spirit Korra having Bolin's face instead.

Beyond the Wilds: I thought this episode was quite good in terms of what happened, but as for the pacing of the episode, I'm not sure but it just felt off to me. Again, what occurred during the the episode was magnificent and I'm really glad that Korra has found her true potential with Raava again and also accepted that she will continue to grow by accepting what has happened to her throughout her entire life. That is a significant step in her recovering and I'm glad she has reached that point.

I liked that part a lot until Raava suddenly came back? What? How? She "has always been inside" her? Wat? I am really confused. Seems like a cop-out to me

I thought it was perfectly clear that Raava was always inside Korra, after all Raava isn't just something you can easily replace. Raava is a deity and is the essential part of what makes Korra the Avatar. Raava could theoretically be the "potential" inside Korra, but it was kept hidden within her until Korra truly found her potential again. It's just like when a person believes he/she doesn't have meaning in life. Everyone has potential, you just need to find it within you, and that's what Raava in some way represents. I personally don't see how this is a cop-out when it makes perfect sense as Avatar/Korra is a series that many people can relate because the characters have human characteristics (and not by just being human, but acting like what a real person would act).

Operation Beifong: I think it's safe to agree that this episode as of now is the fan favorite episode for now in this season. The way how it was executed was spot on, the animation was phenomenal, and of course the characters really felt strong for both the Avatar side and Kuvira's side. I really loved the action that came out within the episode. I'm proud of Bolin for being determined to be with Opal and do anything for her, in this case saving her family. I think what really affected my the most was the rebuilding of the Beifong relationship between Toph and Lin. We never get to see what stresses Lin for the most or any adult for that matter in most shows, so it's nice to see some reasoning behind Lin's character but even better for her to get along with her mother after 20 years (according to Lin herself). We are nearing the end and I can just tell it's going to be an epic finale.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I thought it was perfectly clear that Raava was always inside Korra, after all Raava isn't just something you can easily replace. Raava is a deity and is the essential part of what makes Korra the Avatar. Raava could theoretically be the "potential" inside Korra, but it was kept hidden within her until Korra truly found her potential again. It's just like when a person believes he/she doesn't have meaning in life. Everyone has potential, you just need to find it within you, and that's what Raava in some way represents. I personally don't see how this is a cop-out when it makes perfect sense as Avatar/Korra is a series that many people can relate because the characters have human characteristics (and not by just being human, but acting like what a real person would act).

Well, I thought it was pretty clear that Unalaq removed Raava from Korra's body and destroyed her. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Holy cow, what a fantastic episode. Seriously, I'm not sure I even have the words. It's pretty clear what's meant by "Kuvira's Gambit". Now I'm certain Bataar Jr will switch sides. I mean, what's left for him on Kuvira's side? Seeing the whole army come together was really cool. I wonder what will happen next time. All-out war maybe? The hummingbirds were all destroyed, so what will they use to fight? I wonder if they could metalbend that giant thing. ... Well, it's probably made of platinum. I can imagine Bolin using lavabending to sink one of it's legs.

Also, Varrick is as clueless as ever. I'm so glad Zhu Li is still being her own person.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how proud I am of Prince Wu's development. Seriously, he's getting a lot better. I'm glad he's starting to grow as a character.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom