• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Legend Mode: The Usurper King

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OK, so...in the new Legend Mode mission, I got one question: How are you reasonably supposed to catch Zant? Even in normal mode it's a struggle because the only way to get out is by defeating Agitha and she doesn't show up until a lot of other dialogue is finished and Zant has had a massive head start. By the time can get fight Agitha, he's almost there. If by some miracle you reach him, you still need to kill him quickly because the allied base is in trouble and you can't leave to protect it.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Actually you don't have to deal with Agitha at all, she is pretty much there for no decipherable reason.
So you know the part where the screen says 'Cia is trying to persuade Zant' and then Cia fails miserably and Zant attacks your forces?
Well at around this part is when Argorok should be your objective, he appears at the very top right corner of the map and dies easy.
When you defeat him, the gates near your area should open and you can go and attack Zant. But of course your base comes first!

Hope this helps you at all! Although I get the feeling maybe you already completed it :S.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If i were you i'd work on capturing the first few keeps at the front it drives your puppets er i mean allies into the palace just keep taking keeps and defeat midna you should at this point have a sizable force inside you can either go for Argorok or Agitha, Argorok is somewhat easier. Agitha has the 2nd highest defense next to midna. Zant should get swallowed up by the peons and not be able to escape so quick if your peons are just entering the palace you still have plenty of time. If in a rush target Agitha bit of a long fight but more openings to attack

Played this mission yesterday and first made the mistake to go for Agitha instead of Argorok. Go Argorok and ignore Agitha, Zant will be stopped long enough by Volga to allow you to beat Argorok and intercept Zant. If you want you can also pop in to heal Volga and then beat Agitha for the materials and EXP before going towards Zant.

Beating Zant isnt that difficult, I used Cia in this level and her BBY attack really wrecks. Nice distance on it and you can spam it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I will say Cia didn't strike me at first but my god does that whip destroy foes. No wonder she stands still while attack. She just laughs at her foes stupidity in getting to close. No wonder she took Hyrule so quick.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, I already beat it on Normal, but I need to prepare for Hero Mode. XD Anyway, I had no idea I could fight Argorok...I thought he was on the other side with the allied base. o.o

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Wow, I actually used Wizzro o_O.

I targeted Argorok as soon as he appeared on screen ^^. I had to destroy him. He's actually the boss I see the least of in the game.

Most seen boss award goes to Manhandala. Either him or Ghoma, but MAN do I hate Manhandala.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
There is i believe a tile in either adventure mode or masterquest mode with two argoroks and there is the lvl2 gauntlet stage with an argorok on it. Bleeding argorok i need i think 16-32 argorok stones. I need 16 Zelda Tiara's too well 10 now. Two of the most awkward foes to find and they are needed most

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
ARGH I KNOW! Zelda and her dratted tiara bothered me a lot. Same with Agitha and her broach.

But what REALLY gets on my nerves is Argorok and his stupid embers.
And actually yes indeed there is a place on the adventure mode map where there are two of them! I totally forgot about that one D:!

Wow, you have given me some really awesome tips Ganon, the tip about the hookshot has done wonders for me :pikalove:.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I struggled mightily with the Lvl 3 Gauntlet adventure map, so I got 7-8 Embers from that alone before I completed it :)

Dude, that's awesome! I totally got through that stage way to quick to get that many embers. I am forced to work and slave my buttocks off in order to upgrade Lana, Sheik, Volga, etc. :facepalm:

This level has 2 options.

1. Kill Zant first. Then you kill Midina. Then you can kill Agnarok or Agatha to access the path to catch Zant as he is running away. Most of the time (if you have not cleared the map already) Zant slows down to kill some things and you use that time to get to him. I personally chose the Agnarok way as it is closer to Zant and it dies pretty quickly.

2. Kill Midina first. If you do that then you have to find Agatha on one of the keeps you can run to. Kill Agatha and the gates open and you can race to Zant and catch him and kill him. He will stop to kill things here too so you have a little time.

But with both options you don't have much time to waste, you have to not dawdle. It's not too hard on hard difficulty. But Hero difficulty, like any other hero difficulty stage, you need your Lv3 weapons and a very high level to have at least a semi decent kill speed on Hero.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Glad i can help Gem ^^ the best way i've gotten so far of grinding those annoying items is getting my lvl99 (in my case Ganondorf with Blades of Demise) and getting the weapon upgraded with Rupees+ and Materials+ this will always give at least a silver on those annoying bosses and sometimes a gold or a weapon. In the rewards quest specifically the one for completing True partners Illustrations (kill skultulas in legend and 2 in hard) you have 6 heros. Zelda, Agitha, Midna, Impa, Lana, Fi and Dark Link. You get to choose one of these people to have as your partners the other 5 will side with Dark Link and go out gunning for your head.

Not sure if it's been posted here or not. But the best way is with your Lvl99 slaughter the mobs in the starting area then in the keep nearby and the foes to the north and south depending on who's closer. If you have 3:20 on the clock go pick Midna as your partner (she is the strongest in defense) this then leaves 5 very easily slain heroes gunning for you. If you are fast you can take zelda out, then target agitha if you have your special charge wait for the others to show up. The order for me is Zelda, Agitha, Fi, Imp and then Lana. If the others are too close during the beating of Agitha then unleash your special it should take out both Fi and Impa if you are strong enough. Then just whale on the other two then run to Dark Link and beat him with your special or normal moves.

This generally nets me at least 2 weapons and normally a few silvers and 2 golds plus 40k rupees for completing and between 12-15k extra for killing foes.

Quickest way to win that battle and farm several of the heroes. It will take longer if you don't pick Midna but if you need her Drops i would pick Agitha as she tends to be almost as defensive and cause severe damage if you don't monitor fast enough

Glad i can help Gem ^^ the best way i've gotten so far of grinding those annoying items is getting my lvl99 (in my case Ganondorf with Blades of Demise) and getting the weapon upgraded with Rupees+ and Materials+ this will always give at least a silver on those annoying bosses and sometimes a gold or a weapon. In the rewards quest specifically the one for completing True partners Illustrations (kill skultulas in legend and 2 in hard) you have 6 heros. Zelda, Agitha, Midna, Impa, Lana, Fi and Dark Link. You get to choose one of these people to have as your partners the other 5 will side with Dark Link and go out gunning for your head.

You can't get bronze materials on enemy heroes and giant bosses. it's bronze/silver for average non horde monsters and silver/gold for enemy heroes/giant bosses. (or a weapon)
What annoys me is I kill a lot of enemy heroes and giant bosses and I want materials but I keep getting weapons. Sure the rupees for selling them in nice but the badges need materials.
I always choose Zelda for that mission (I have it unlocked) as she seems to damage me the most. And also different enemies/enemy heroes take more damage from different elements. I use the 420 power gauntlets (Lv99 Link) for that level and it seems to kill Midina easily enough. But it takes a lot longer to kill Fi. It seems every enemy with a health bar has a weakness to a certain element.

I do have a question for you. If you have a weapon with:
+ rupees
+ materials
+ slots
+ stars
Will the + stars and + slots make more stars and less materials appear or do those 2 affixes just affect the weapons that do drop? Why I ask is I want to lessen the number of weapon drops I get and increase the number of material drops I get. Not sure if this is even possible but I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom