• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Leftovers

octorok74

TETTAC
Quite simply, how do you feel about leftovers? What is your favorite leftovers?

I love leftovers, sometimes more than the meal the day before. Pizza is one of my favorites, because cold pizza has a nice twist to it. You expect it to be hot, but it is really cold. So discuss people.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I usually love leftover. The only leftover food I absolutely cannot stand is leftover spaghetti. It's just torture having to reheat it and then adding more Ketchup since the sauce has completely disappeared. It's just nasty :sick:. But besides spaghetti i'm fine with eating leftovers.

Also TBR I didn't even know it was possible to have leftover bacon. O.O

Gotta love leftovers. It's great to eat delicious food twice a week (especially considering how good of a cook my mom is) :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Leftovers of almost every kind of food are disgusting to me. The prime exception to this rule, though, is pizza. I can eat pizza if it's cold, warm or hot. I don't care what the temperature is or how old it is, eating it a day or two after I first got it is still amazing. I love pizza leftovers <3

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I typically don't like leftovers. For me, most foods are best right after they're first cooked. Of course, there are exceptions, like certain dishes that absorb more flavor the longer it's allowed to sit. :3

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Leftovers are my last resort when there's nothing else to eat in my house. The chances of someone eating leftovers is slim, causing them to be trashed after a week or two. Like some others, I prefer eating my meal the first night, hoping there are no leftovers remaining. In the event that there are leftovers, which is typically the case, I simply just ignore their existence entirely. :I

I hate leftovers; they're disgusting. However, like most, the exception to this is pizza. You can't go wrong with a healthy slice of cold pizza for breakfast.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I actually like Pizza leftovers. I think it actually taste better than the right now pizza.

I know it's crazy, but I like it that way about Pizza.

While I am the type that usually prefers a hot, fresh cooked meal, I am a sucker for a variety of leftover pastas. Mostaccioli (or penne) is my absolute favorite; however - served cold or hot from the microwave - any leftover pasta'll do...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I agree with Seth. I find cold pizza to be gross too... Then again I don't like pizza to begin with...

For me, it depends on what the leftovers are. Breaded chicken is always better when it's first finished cooking. If you try to heat it up later, it just doesn't taste the same. You could eat it cold, although personally I like it better warm.

Pasta as a leftover depends on whether or not it has any condiments on it while it's in the refrigerator. Heating it up with Parmesan on it makes it taste funny in my experience. However, plain pasta is perfectly fine to heat up. I actually make an entire box of pasta just for the sake of being able to have some later.

Gravy, in my opinion, should never be saved. It never tastes quite the same after it's been allowed to cool off that much, and frankly, even if you heat it up again it still doesn't taste good anymore. That goes for whatever is in the gravy too, like meatballs or pieces of sausage. I never like those as leftovers. However, if the meatballs and sausage were not saved in the gravy, then I'll happily eat them as leftovers. For whatever reason, cold gravy seems to make things taste worse. At least, in my experience.

Joy

The Sexy One
I don't eat much, so I don't make much food, and so I rarely have leftovers. I usually cook for myself at home and so I know excactly how much I normally eat and I just make that. I don't like leftovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom