• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lefties unite!!

I pretty much do everything with my left hand except use scissors. Cutting is the one thing I prefer my right hand for. It can definitely be annoying sometimes. When I was on campus for class last week, there were only two left handed desks to choose from.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Hello fellow left-handers!! I do everything with my left hand. Eating, drawing, writing, etc. I also happen to be left-eyed as well.

Occasionally people will notice when I'm drawing out somewhere in public and they'll be like 'woahhh you're left-handed??' and I'm like uh, yep. It's honestly not that weird lol. Scissors are a pain. And don't get me started on binders. They're my worst nightmare. But other than that it's mostly normal.
I've pretty much gotten used to shaking people's hand with my right hand, though sometimes I accidentally try to use my left and awkwardness ensues.
It's always fun to find other people who use their left hand. I really loved that Ninendo made Link left-handed, I connected to him more because of that. Plus you don't see many left-handers in video games and stuff, so it was nice representation. Well, until botw changed it ;-;

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Go into the right handed world kicking and screaming. Every time I use a pair of scissors, I'm reminded of the oppressive right handed regime. :mad:

I don't think I was 'taught' to be right-handed, like I definitely can feel the dominance in my right hand, if that makes sense? And I always have felt it there so I don't think it's wholly a muscle tone thing. That said, I am cross-dominant and I will naturally use my left hand for certain tasks. Insert some meme here about how I do most house chores left handed.

EDIT: I think it's things that don't require fine motor skills that I will tend to favor my left hand with. Sweeping and scrubbing doesn't require that. Also explains why I batted left handed when I played baseball in elementary school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom