• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Left-Handed Option? Should There Be One...

Left-handed Option? Should there be one...

• Nah, it'd be difficult/expensive to make two versions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't really matter, either way

• Yes! How will the lefties play it without it?

• Total voters
video games aren't like writing. i mean i could see getting worked up if they made you write with the opposite hand you are use to but can't you swing you right arm just as well as your left? i mean right handed people can't write with their left hand but they can swing their left arm and move their left wrist just as well as their right. i mean really don't you use your right hand to push buttons on the old controllers? i guess being both right and left handed i don't have a problem with it. the fact is the world is geared for right-handed people because most people ARE right-handed. oh and miyamoto himself is left handed and he plays with the wii remote in his right hand. he says it's more natural to have the joystick under his left thumb like all previous controllers.

M

magicgfx

I think although this is discouraging for some, that if it calls for a sooner release of a fully developed game, it isn't likely to hinder their market at all.
If you're asking if this is true or not, I don't know.

Learn to switch hit :)

Nicole

luke is my wife
Myself, I am left-handed, and I wish Nintendo would include a lefty feature. I hold the Wiimote in my right hand, and the nunchuk in my left hand. So no problem, right? Pretty much, except I feel more comfortable defending myself with my right hand (shield hand) than with my left. Oh well, we'll all have to get used to it.

Learn to switch hit :)
Yo, I can switch hit! Lolz

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I'm right with you on this one. I am a right hander, so it won't be a problem for me, but I don't see why they shouldn't put both options there. Can't they just mirror the world and make it as a different option? Or if it will delay release, they should do that, because it will just disappoint fans if there is only a right hand mode.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Why do they have to mirror the world to accommodate Link's sword hand? That's just a ridiculous waste of time and effort, I think. After all it doesn't matter which hand Link holds his sword with; I'm fine either way. But about mirroring the world depending on which hand Link holds his sword with... is it really necessary?

Someone please explain it!!!

They should find away to make Left Handed Link work or else all future The Legend of Zelda Wii game will have no choice but play Right Handed Link.

Beside people should try to be left handed. Also I'm Right Handed maybe I should try to learn left handed.

Last edited:
S

skullkid1145

No Lefty Mode in Ss

im a lefty and i think they should make a lefty mode for the game what do you think

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, I think we all know by now that there isn't going to be one. However, I do think they should have done that. Sure, it would take longer for it to come out, like it did with Twilight Princess going to the Wii, but that was also a transfer from system to system. I really hope they put one in the next console game, as it would make it easier on the (few) left-handed people out there. (I'm righ-handed, and using the Wii Remote in my left hand, even with Motion Plus, isn't that difficult, but it's not as good and not as powerful. So, I'm feeling for the lefties out there.)

(Or is it "lefty's?")

You can use it left handed just fine. Just Link will be holding his sword in his right hand. My friend plays with his left hand and he doesn't even notice Link holding his sword in the other hand. Just play left handed. Miyamoto is left-handed. Besides, haven't you been playing with the control stick in your left thumb your whole life? Wont it be weird to your your right thumb? lol

A

AlphaBenson

Well, they can't just have Link holding his sword in his other hand, they would have to completely mirror the game like they did with Twilight Princess.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
This is one of the things that always bothered me about the Wii. Sure, the control scheme is innovative, but it seems to leave out people who differ from the norm... it doesn't work well if you're not right-handed. It's very hard to operate the controls in a non-standard manner. It's not accessible to people with disabilities, where the older controllers were more so.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well, they can't just have Link holding his sword in his other hand, they would have to completely mirror the game like they did with Twilight Princess.

Uh... no. They wouldn't need to mirror everything this time. They would just need left-version animations for Link. They didn't in Twilight Princess because they simply did not have enough time to make the animations. So mirroring everything was the faster solution. They could not have made the Wii launch if they waited for all the animations to be made. With Skyward Sword they have plenty of time to make the animations so they wouldn't have to mirror anything. As far as left or right leaned puzzles and dungeons, they could be designed for it ahead of time this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom