• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Leaving Skyloft at Night

When you try to leave Skyloft at night a bird rider tells you that only senior nights can fly at night. This shouldn't be because if I am correct Gaebora promotes Link to senior class before going off to rescue Zelda. Why do you think it's impossible to leave Skyloft at night. I actually want to see what The Surface looks like during nighttime. Maybe it was scrapped part of the game? Thoughts?

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
I saw a glitch on youtube where a person tried to go into the surface at night. It didn't work, when the person got the the surface it changed to day.

I say if they had a nighttime surface area it must have gotten scrapped. Its kind of disapointing though, I really like how the day and night system works in game like Twilight Princess and OoT.

As for Link being a "senior knight" I don't remember that, but I thought they just said "loftwings don't fly at night". hmmm :/

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
Skyloft is interesting enough at night. Only PATROLS can go at night, they have special vision goggles Link doesnt have.

Night Owl

~Momentai
If I remember correctly the reasoning (in game) was that loftwings don't see well at night. Which is why no one is allowed to fly their loftwing at night unless they have received special training. (I want to say the rescue knights say something like that if they save you at night.)

I remember that much because I kept trying to figure out how I could get the special training to do that. :lol:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i assumed a knight was a higher class than a senior. was hoping there would be some test to pass that would promote you to knighthood so you could fly to some of the other islands/surface and there would be more to explore, like it would be at night that you would need to go to the surface to get the song parts or something

Yeah Loftwings have to be trained to be able to fly well at night...and I guess by train they mean putting those goggles with light or whatever. :P

I wish you could see the surface at night... I bet the woods and the desert would look soooo cool. *-*

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I'm was so disappointed when I discovered I couldn't fly at night. I don't know, maybe they thought there was to many complications to let you go fly through the night. Its really disappointing, I was hoping to fly through the sunset in the open skys. :(

Fantastic idea, it would be so cool to see the surface at night. Just like it would be awesome to stargaze with Kikwiis:D All though I'm sure everyone loved that shoclong moment where you jump of and call out "Bird....Bird? BIRD! WHERE BE YOU!!?" And then followed by "WHAT!? But I'm the chosen hero! You hear me? You're not! so WHY IN HYRULE can you fly at night and not me!?"

I'm was so disappointed when I discovered I couldn't fly at night. I don't know, maybe they thought there was to many complications to let you go fly through the night. Its really disappointing, I was hoping to fly through the sunset in the open skys. :(

I actually thought that, somehow, for some reason, we would be able to fly at night later on in the game. Needless to say I was so disappointed when I finished the game and still no nighttime flight. :( But wow, now that you mention it, flying through the sky at sunset would have been sooooo awesome. WHY NINTENDO. WHYYYYYYYY :(

I was disapointed you couldn't go to the surface at night, it looked amazing at night, im sure it would have been amazing when it was dark too.

Yeah that is true, link has the rupees to just be able to buy those flashlight caps that the other knight academy patrollers have, so it should've been fair enough if he could just buy one.

Besides following the Wind Waker when monsters appeared at outset island at night, experiencing areas like the Thunderhead at night would be exciting.

I don't know why they would not let you fly at night, maybe they just didn't want to have to change the scenery from day to night throughout the game, so they just wanted you to only change day to night in a bed. I do think it would be cool to explore the realm at knight or just be able to fly around the sky at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom