• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Leaving Skyloft at Night

univpark

Heart of Steel
I thought it would be cool to obtain an item that let you fly at night. I guess not Nintendo but I wanted a sunset flight...Oh well. In the game I was all, "Let me fly at night!! I'm the chosen hero, not you!" I would always imagine Link tackling the knight's Loftwing and stealing the headlamp thingie.

Personally, I have always wanted to do that and was always rather annoyed at the fact that I couldn't. I miss the night atmosphere that Hyrule Field provided.

I did the same exact thing! I jumped off the edge countless times in different areas to see if I could maybe call my loftwing but nope. The nighttime flight idea was probably scraped but it would have definitely been cool to fly toward the moon and stars and see the surface at nighttime! I thought how disappointing it was that the chosen hero couldn't do everything that the other knights could :/

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
The only reason that you can't fly at night is so that you can get the Gratitude Crystals. That being said, I thought it was a stupid reason and would have loved to fly around at Night or explore the Surface at Night.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nowhere is said you cannot fly by night because of the gratitude crystals. You have to travel to Beetle's Island to start the crystal task for him so if it was mainly because of the gratitude quests they would have allowed you to travel at night. I would have loved to explore things at night though. I would have loved to fly at night and check out areas. Only Nintendo knows why they left it out this time. Maybe it is too dark to explore things? I have no idea. They let you sleep till midnight so you can check out things but there it ends.

Fig

The Altruist
It's too bad that the game developers programmed Skyward Sword to where you can't travel at night. I would really love to fly around Skyloft at night just to see what the sky looks like at night with all of the enemies flying around, trying to attack you while you are flying in your Loftwing.

I've heard rumors that the wii wasn't able to handle night graphics in this art style for changing scenery, I don't know if I believe that or not. I was pretty dissapointed I couldn't go flying at night, it would have added a whole new sense to the things to explore, plus it would have been bomb to position the camera just right to see you flying with a big moon in the background. but alas, it was not meant to be.

i thought the game was going to have that too! i really wanted to end the game with link being able to have the capabilities to fly at night. that sounds more adventurous!

It true that it is said that loftwings don't fly at night but I think it would have been awesome if there would have been a test that allowed you to fly at night

Much like Hyrule field in OoT, I like to imagine that there are monsters flying in the air at night. Would have been so much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom