• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

Kody7

lots of interesting opinions here. tho most are WW so i cant read them since im just starting it. With that said, i already ran into a terrible spoiler already in the comment section of the recent ZD article about being adicted to zelda games. someone said who tetra was. so devastating since i had to track down an old friend from highschool to borrow the game and literally just got the game the day i ran into the spoiler. sucks so bad. anyway, sorry bout the rant haha. least favorite would be AoL. seems like they tried to mesh mario and the original. Its still okay tho. And about TP, i kno a lot of people hate on it and im not a noob to zelda in any means and i still think it was a great game. one of my favorites. i think the overworld enemies were pretty lame but i enjoyed the dark aspect. the zelda series has seemed to supress its dark nature and only show it in certain aspects, but in TP they let it show throughout. so i dont understand why people think the darkness was not fitting to a zelda game. I think its great how there seems to be a zelda game for everyone without losing too much charm. Such as WW, not too infatuated with the graphics but they still are charismatic and make me feel like im in that euphoric state that the series captures.

ooooohh yeah. i agree with Din. Skyward sword. obviously, since apparently i forgot about its existence. looked good, played well. great motion controls. but i never felt immersed into it and absolutely hated spending the entire game in the same areas. felt linear for a zelda game. not saying it was, just that it felt that way

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZeldaKingTonsor

Definitely between PH, Spirit Tracks, or Adventure of Link. I hate them all so much!

R

red devil 965

Ok I,m so sick and tired of the people that are saying the original game is to hard or the graphics where bad first off most people liked the game not being linear so you actually have to figure out things for yourself instead of your partner saying hey dumb@$$ go do this, and second of all the game was made in the 1980's what did you expect for it to be the newest hd graphics.

That said my least favorite would have to be Twilight Princess FOR WII. The reason i don't like the wii version is that the controls were just irritating and made the game alot less fun.

T

tomchristie22

I'm not going to be narrow minded and say that I hate any game in the series - because out of those I've played, I don't. The least favourite that I have played, which I by no means dislike, is probably Phantom Hourglass or The Legend Of Zelda. If I'd played the cd-i games I'd nominate those :P

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
HMM. Let's see, I think I'll go with the first one, The Legend of Zelda. I cannot get past anything after the first dungeon. It's too hard for me. I don't get why older games have to be so hard, compared to newer ones (I know this isn't always the case, but still). Not only that, but then there are those fish things that pop out of the river and shoot me, Zolas, I think they're called, the graphics aren't as good as Call of Duty: Black Ops and I can't find my way anywhere.

HOWEVER, FSA comes in really close at second. No map, so I was literally walking around in circles for hours...

My least favorite not counting adventure of link, which won't count cause its not really even a zelda game its like some sort of weird RPG that features link, would be Twilight Princess.

By that logic, TP isn't a real Zelda game, just a 3D adventure game starring Link. AoL was much more like the original than OoT, TP, WW, etc.

@red devil 965: Some people just like to spend more time IN the dungeons than they spend LOOKING for them. I still haven't found the 3rd dungeon. Dodongo dislikes waiting. found the fourth, though.

B

brucelong

I personally hate Zelda II: The adventure of Link. As Random said, it's the sore thumb of the series.
EDIT: I am a 3DS ambassador. So, maybe if I played it on a NES, I would feel different. But, it has the side-scrolling action, which is difficult to use and
makes dungeons harder, even though it seems it would be the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Adventure of link. TO those think the first game is the worst: If the first didn't exist, the series wouldn't exist at all! So yeah, i Don't like AoL

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
AoL hands down. That doesn't even feel like a Zelda game. I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again, it's the only Zelda game that's a side scroller and you have to level up. Plus the clues are too vague and the fact that you have to travel across the entire map everytime you start is frustrating. Even with the hammer it doesn't do much for you.

You say it doesn't feel like a Zelda game? Uh, let's count the number of Zelda games that came before it... yep, that'll be 1! That's like criticizing a song Mozart wrote when he was a child because it wasn't super amazing, of course they refined the series after it, but come on, give it a break! It is as difficult as The LoZ in the sense that you start at the first area every time you die, or even when you stop playing. AoL deserves the same level of respect IMO as the original LoZ, we wouldn't have your favorite games if it weren't for the early trial and error...

M

Mog of war

Guys?..... Why do u all hate ww its awesome! i think tp was the worst. but truthfully, there is no bad zelda game. except foe, wog, and dat other one!

Z

zakira

I have to agree that most of the Zelda games featuring toon Link really do just suck nothing much more to say about it, anywho, I personally think toon Link is adorable and if they made a good game with him in it with a good story, music that wont be stuck in your head for 3 weeks strait, more challenging game-play, ect.. I would think a game with the toon Link and other people with a story like Ocarina Of Time with even half decent music would be wonderful! :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You say it doesn't feel like a Zelda game? Uh, let's count the number of Zelda games that came before it... yep, that'll be 1! That's like criticizing a song Mozart wrote when he was a child because it wasn't super amazing, of course they refined the series after it, but come on, give it a break! It is as difficult as The LoZ in the sense that you start at the first area every time you die, or even when you stop playing. AoL deserves the same level of respect IMO as the original LoZ, we wouldn't have your favorite games if it weren't for the early trial and error...

All this still doesn't excuse the fact that Zelda II did many things wrong (and I'm not talking about the side-scrolling). Lots of things about its design were very cheap -- namely the combat system, which was unforgiving and slightly unintuitive -- having to restart back at the castle after a Game Over was completely pointless, grinding for EXP was a pain and took forever, and the overworld could often be more confusing than the original's (which is really saying something). Zelda II isn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely the most poorly-designed out of all the titles.

Also, saying a game deserves respect because it brought about trial and error is faulty logic. I could say that we should respect all the Sonic games that butchered the series with that logic, and I don't think anyone would consider me sane for doing that.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
My least favorite Zelda game is Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong the game is brilliant meaning the story, gameplay but everything just bugged me. I honestly think Twilight Princess was trying to hard to be dark and gloomy. Lastly I believe that this is the only overrated Zelda game I've played... Anyway the game isn't bad it's just that I didn't feel like I was actually into the game.

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Juiciej said:
I could say that we should respect all the Sonic games that butchered the series with that logic, and I don't think anyone would consider me sane for doing that.

You Sonic hater...

Just kidding, although the only Sonic games I don't like are Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes *Shudders*

Anyway, changing my vote to FSA. I just... can't take it... it's evil with it's lack of maps... GRAHHHHHH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom