• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

Occaflute

All of the zelda CD-i games! Recently played them, they all SUCK!
Truly!
I wish I never played any of those cursed CD-i games...

*Edit*
You know, now that I think about it, I don't think those games should even count as a Zelda game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only Zelda games I would say I Hate are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I'm just not a fan of the touch controls no matter how many times I try.

Other games I like but are on the bottom of my Zelda games list are Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess

I'd have to say the Original legend of Zelda is my least favorite Zelda game. I just don't like the difficulty of the game and you rarely get the chance to replenish your hearts. I also think the Normal enemies were very annoying, especially the Blue Wizzrobes in Level 6!!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I'd say my least favorite is probably Spirit Tracks. Now, I don't HATE it, it's just my least favorite. It is my least favorite because I felt the dungeons were too simple and there were too few of them. Yes, I know Majora's Mask had less, but the whole "Three Day" limit at least gave it a little more interest in my book. I also liked Majora's Mask's sidequests more.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Zelda II's Control scheme was the worst. MM had the most annoying save mechanics. Oot & TP, your companion was annoying (Navi fractionally more so). PH was the first Zelda game I played, and it made me think the rest of the series was easy. Ha ha. I can probably find one annoying thing about each game, but there weren't any ones I hated.Except for the side-scrolling in LoZ II. That was kind of annoying.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I would have to say Phantom Hourglass. Even though I think Linebeck is a great character, the music stunk compared to the other games. I am not a huge fan of WW either. With WW it is not the graphics- I think they are cute. I also LOVE the music from WW. I just hated sailing, Forsaken Fortress, and some of the tedious parts towards the end. I like both games and I beat both games. They just happen to be lower on my list (Zelda standards).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is a revised post from my previous one, however long ago it was posted. (Probably a couple months.) I've figured out why my least-favorite Zelda is my least-favorite Zelda over this course of time, so I figured I'd delete my previous post and post this.

A Link to the Past. Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic and I do like it, but every time I play it, I find myself having to force myself to play after about an hour. It really bugs me, as I had a blast the first time I played it -- I actually had a hard time putting it down. But now... not so much. This is probably due to the fact that it was my first time playing it, so I didn't know what to expect out of the story. Now that I do, the lack of story in it is a major problem for me. (But I'm getting ahead of myself.)

The art style also definitely plays a factor, as the colors are ultra-dull and almost depressing in my opinion. Even Twilight Princess has better colors than this game. (Ironic that I say that, as I quite like TP's art style.)

I think the main reason it's my least-favorite, though, is because the overworld is so large that the content is way too spread out, weakening the vast amount of secrets in the process. The difficulty is also way too cheap, as the simplest of enemies can wind up taking off two hearts, and with enemies around every turn and in every corner, this takes an unnecessary toll. I tend to try to avoid them rather than fight them, which is something I can't say I do in any other Zelda title, even Zelda II.

The game is also too open, relying way too much on the exploration, which is only worsened by the content being spread out so far. This also causes its rather excellent story to be spread thin and feel almost non-existent. I know it's on the SNES, so I have to give it a little leeway in that category, but the game still could have been a little less non-linear.

Some of the dungeons also feel lacking in substance, as if the puzzles act more as obstacles rather than entertaining moments that require brain-power. Again, it's on the SNES, as well as an early game in the series, so some leeway has to be given here, but it's not overlookable by any means. I think the game being less non-linear could have helped with this, as more dungeons would have required certain items from previous dungeons, allowing the puzzles to have more substance.

I can't say I have a complaint with the bosses, though. At least for the most part. Those guys were just fantastic, some of the better ones in the series in my opinion. They don't use that repetitive "hit weak point/stun boss, hack and slash, repeat" style that modern Zelda titles (until Skyward Sword) have used. They're good old-fashioned fights, which is how they should be. That and the music are about the only things I don't have issues with.

Despite all my complaints, I do consider ALttP one of the series' stronger titles -- it's #6 on the list of the best Zeldas in my book -- and I'd probably give it anywhere from a 9.5 to a 9.8 out of 10. The issues I mentioned just drag my overall enjoyment of the game, causing it to be the lowest on my list of favorites.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom