• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
First, I did not like Oracle Of Ages/seasons.It got kind of boring sometimes.They were both almost the same game.Second, Adventure of Link the most hard zelda game.It was really boring,the RPG Legend of Zelda just did not work.And third,Four Sword Adventures.It was way I mean way to repetitive.Lets not forget the Tingle games.The CD-I games,HA HA HA.

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would have to say that AoL is. I'm not saying it's a terrible or bad game, but it's my least favorite by far even though it was still a good game itself.

Honestly I'm gonna have to with the original LOZ. I haven't played AOL yet by the way. I just found the first game really boring. The dungeons had absolutely no puzzles except for the occasional push a block and a door opens. The controls were really annoying and the over world sucked!! It just looked exactly the same wherever you went. Also all the secret stuff just seemed kind of random. I don't want to spend 3 hours blowing up walls that look exactly the same for one heart piece. I appreciate that the game started the series but I just couldn't get into it. The only reason I finished it was out of respect for the series.

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
I'll have to say Phantom Hourglass. The game got way too complicated after I beated a few dungeons. There was a Spirit Building where you first start your quest. I went over there to continue my quest and there was fast moving dudes. OMG!! I sneaked up and did everything that was in the video. Oh well, I guess I didn't focus enough. I just pee in my pants and fall down and cause attention.

I went through the topic and I haven't noticed anyone else disliking Skyward Sword. I must be a minority. I still feel like explaining as to why I really don't like it.

First off, the Silent Realms. I've got lots to say about that. What they do is annoy me, and stress me out, mainly cause it is so easy to screw up by mistake and lose all the work you did when you were 1 teardrop away.

I don't like forced stealth missions, even if this isn't a proper one, it still technically is trying to be one. You're on a timer, too, something that I've always loathed in video games, much less when you have to do it MULTIPLE gods-damned times. I mean, Twilight Princess didn't bother me when I had to do it, but that's cause you didn't get one-shot back to the beginning every time an enemy touched you.

It's like they tried to combine the Teardrop quest from TP, with the "don't get caught or you go back to beginning" crap from Phantom Hourglass. I seem to recall most people couldn't stand that in Phantom Hourglass (and trust, no matter how much you might've liked it, I saw scads of hate for it all over the internet), but that might've been cause it also smashed the game's pacing.

I don't mind it being frantic or having to not get hit.. MUCH. Honestly, the whole section would be a hell of a lot less stressful if I didn't have that obnoxious stamina gauge. It's funny, I rarely notice the thing until I have to run like mad for whatever reason. I really think the Silent Realms could have been better if they hadn't made it a 1-hit-you-lose scenario, and given the player a couple of hits. Not the full amount of health you normally have, but say 3 hit tops.

I dunno, it just really irks me that they had something that could've been really nice and then they go and make it unenjoyable by having this forced "don't get caught" crap. It's just not the sort of gameplay element I think Zelda needs. At least in Wind Waker you could hide.

...actually, now that I think about it, if Link doesn't keep his Health or his Items as he's only there in Spirit, giving him that stupid Stamina Gauge inside the Silent Realm makes absolutely no sense, except from a "challenge" standpoint. If they wanted to make it a challenge, they could've just left that for Hero Mode and done without it.

Next is the overworld map. I'm not going to go into detail here because you've probably heard it multiple times already. It's the fact that they are not even connected. It's really a pain if you want to change province that you have to find a bird statue, select Go to the sky, fly to the desired location and then drop wherever you want to go. It might be fine for an hand-held but its not for a console game. And the fact that the exploration is non-existent doesn't help either.

The controls annoyed me just a little bit but not to the point where I need to say something about it.

This turned out to be longer than I expected...

F

FireMaster_64

Okay. This is just me, Majora's Mask -I'm sorry- SUCKS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I loved Phantom Hourglass. It was pretty short, and way too easy (I did a 3-heart run with no trouble after beating it normally), although there were plenty of innovative puzzles utilizing the DS mechanics.

As for my least favorite, I'd have to go with the Four Swords games. Something about multiplayer Zelda always turned me off. As for the main Zelda games, my least favorite would probably be Twilight Princess. I didn't like playing in wolf form, and it felt restrictive. I like to run around as I please instead of following exactly the path the game requires.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword is now my least favorite, it has dethroned even Twilight Princess. That game is just all around terrible. Too much hype, not enough game. Story was despicable. Gameplay was solid, but there was nothing to use said gameplay on (all enemies might as well be clones of each other). Bosses were all jokes. Puzzles were nonexistent, mostly due to the fact that I'm a seasoned Zelda player (the game was catered to the casual player). Too many problems plague that game, to the point that I just can't stand it anymore.

G

Goht

I sort of agree with you there, mostly because of the storyline and the Silent Realms. But it was still somewhat enjoyable.
The one thing that really relieved me, and also disappointed me, was the absence of ReDeads :S

Would definetly be Spirit Tracks, I have tried to play threw it a couple times now and each time i get bored and lose interest. Having to go everywhere by train is just silly, and the story line was equally as silly. They just thought up trains and vomited out a very simple and stupid story line. I put zelda on a high pedestal and that game didn't make the bar by a long shot.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
CDi zelda comes to mind... If it is on a nintendo console, then it would have to be FS. Although it is fun to play, it doesn't seem link a full game, and I don't think that it was intended to be. I think it was to try the multiplayer and put it out there as a zelda minigame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom