• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I loved FSA simply because it was a throwback to ALttP using a slightly more sophisticated game engine. As well as that,
when you go looking for the mirror, I think the game makes the allusion that it is the same mirror from TP (although it does not look the same).

Personally I think the most hated Zelda game is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It took me a little over 3 years to complete this game as I would keep starting but then stopping due to the maddening difficulty of the enemies and the rather strange way the game is layed out. People particularly point out the side-scrolling gameplay as opposed to the top-down view most 2D zelda games have.

I don't exactly hate AoL but it is not one I play too often as it frustrates me more than I can enjoy.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
i thought the oracle of seasons game was weak, because i wan't huge on changing the seasons, and it just to me had a weak main gameplay element. Nothing from that game stood out for me and made it fun. And Four Swords was bad. It's almost more like a spin off game. And AoL to me doesn't seem like a bad game, just impossibly hard, so people say its bad.
And the one time i actually played four swords adventures i actually liked it quite a bit.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would say the CDI games. They were absolutely terrible. outside of the 'other' games, I would have to say Four swords. Sure the multiplayer was fun, but it was pretty shallow other than that. It was kind of a series of minigame levels.

Okay, CD-I games, Tingle games and any other spin offs do not count folks, just anything that begins with The Legend of Zelda. That technically means no BS, just what is canon.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I would say Four Swords is the weakest in the series. There was little story, the gameplay is decent at best, although it is fairly creative. The Adventure of Link was unique, the gameplay was great, just difficult, and while the story is a bit of a cliche, I did not think it was as weak as Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, or The Legend of Zelda (Maybe Phantom Hourglass wasn't a weak Zelda game, but I did not like it as much as other games).

Skunk

Floof
I would say for the weakest, definitely Four Swords and Spirit Tracks. Four Swords seemed somewhat greedy, what with the ruppee gathering. Spirit Tracks was great, I am proud to say it's the first Zelda I ever beat, but compared to the others, the story is quite slow.

I would say for the weakest, definitely Four Swords and Spirit Tracks. Four Swords seemed somewhat greedy, what with the ruppee gathering. Spirit Tracks was great, I am proud to say it's the first Zelda I ever beat, but compared to the others, the story is quite slow.

While I did have to make a thread regarding the plot hole of Anjean holding back on giving Link and Zelda the Force Gem and the Lokomo Sword, I found the plot more engaging than Phantom Hourglass, which seemed content with lifting elements from Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap, and yet having one of most bland villains yet. Malladus wasn't much better, but Cole made up for that. Not to mention that it has one of my favorite Zeldas yet. Yes, she was nowhere near as badass as Tetra was, but I found myself enjoying ST Zelda's character a whole lot more. It's one of the reasons why ST is my favorite Toon game.

That said, Four Swords is hands down one of the weakest games, if only because of how short the game is.

It makes me sad to see so many people say the Oracle games in this thread.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
People seem to hate AOL. But I think the weakest is PH, It had probably the worst villain in the whole series.

S

Squadguy86

I would say Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (a spin-off). I mean, it really scares the wits out of me, the characters' designs. Tingle shows that happy, ominous smile of his. Pinkle is also...no. I believe the CD-I and BS games are way better, with their real Zelda gameplay (CD-I having side-scrolling, like AoL, and BS, I haven't really seen it. And also, I heard that is has Sexual Content in it, which really...bothers me. I would not expect that in a Zelda game. I can see why it was only released in Europe and Japan. Rupeeland I though was the worst Zelda game (spin-off and overall). If you want my main series least favorite, I'd say Four Swords. I mean, the fact that you absolutely need 4 people with GBAs can be very annoying. Yes, I know it came out on the DSi and the 3DS, but I don't have those yet.

Of the Zelda games I've played, I'd have to say Majoras Mask was my least favorite personally. I appreciate it for its uniqueness and can definitely see why certain people like it so much. For me however, after having played OoT so much before that I went into MM thinking it'd be a bit more like that. MM still uses the Zelda formula of course; but it's everything else about it that didn't ''click'' with me. Call me stupid or a simpleton, but MM confused the living heck out of me from top to bottom rather than intrigued. The constant 3 day cycle thing and just the way you progress through the story and the order of events seemed so jumbled and messy to me.

I guess I just prefer a more linear and straight forward approach to story telling. Also, I didn't care for Termina or really any of the characters within it. I did enjoy the variety of side quests however. I've only played through it once however unlike most other Zelda games and that was years ago. Perhaps I should go back to it again and reevaluate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom