• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Possible candidates:

Four Swords - for not really being a full fledged game
Phantom Hourglass - temple of the ocean king ; also nothing outstanding as far as gameplay goes
Four Swords Adventures - for requiring several GBA's to even be worthy of play
Zelda 2 - lack of checkpoints, poor overworld
Spirit Tracks - train was a horrible idea. doesn't do much to improve over PH

You do know you can play the game without the need of GBA's, right?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Four Swords for me. Even though I have the Anniversary Edition, so I don't have to worry about having multiple GBAs, the game itself doesn't feel like a Zelda game. It's built in different worlds, and you can only carry one item at a time. It is very different from what I've become accustomed to, even with 2D Zelda games. Although, I must admit that I did really enjoy quite a few of the puzzles that require the use of both Links.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
>Has a completely original mechanic, changes how items are received, and has brand-new content galore
>Still pulled a NSMB

The funny thing is that the original NSMB wasn't even a rehash. It was the games AFTER that were.

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot I posted in this thread. I was mainly referring to aesthetics and overall look. ALBW in my opinion borrowed way too much from ALttP, the least they could of done was expand the map or at least not reuse the Dark World for Lorule, but they didn't. Furthermore, the game story and presentation wise suffered, it felt as it was being held back to accommodate it's non-linearity. Finally, it's true that it introduced a new mechanic as well as a new means of obtaining items; I have nothing negative to say about the wall merging mechanic, but the Item shop is a prime suspect in what cause the dungeons to be severely lacking in almost every regard. So when I say it suffered from the NSMB formula, I saying it:

-Reused too much from it's predecessor or the game it's taking inspiration from (like NSMB2)
-It's presentation and story telling are being held back, presumably because it's trying to focus on some selective "roots" of the series
-Several major aspects suffered cause the game focused far too much on one particular aspect (non-linearity)

I don't hate ALBW, but going from SS which had amazing presentation and story to ALBW which was poopie, was a very jarring experience.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
The WW art style in the 2D games was based on ALttP. Just wanted to point that out. Like, they pretty much just updated the sprites of ALttP. But SS REALLY reminds me of the ALttP art.

My least favorite is probly Somewhere between MC, Zelda 2 and... ALBW. (FLAME WAR COMMENCE).

Before I go up in flames, let me say I DO NOT DISLIKE ANY OF THESE GAMES. I just have to be in the mood to play them, and I'm hardly ever in the mood for these 3... but especially the last one...

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I actually dislike OoT a lot, and I feel Egoraptor's Sequelitis covers a lot of the issues I have with it. To me OoT just isn't fun. It basically took everything ALttP had built and then just... threw it all away. Exploration, mystery, and most of all fun, and fun is all a game should be. I feel that the only reason this game gets praise at all is because of nostalgic fans continuously increasing hype over a game that really just isn't all that good. Well, I take that back, as a game, OoT did a lot of things right, and as a game it's good, but as a Zelda game I feel it missed the mark by a long shot. I don't know if I made my point well, but what I'm basically saying is OoT just isn't fun. Period.

I also dislike Zelda II a lot. I enjoy difficult games, but this game is just too much. It's practically unbeatable. It has a lot of similarities to Castlevania II in how it plays, which would be nice if the game would play fair. This just doesn't sit well.

And those are my least favorite Zelda games. I dislike Zelda II FAR more than OoT, just wanted to say. There is no way I would put Zelda II above any other Zelda game. Period.

Salem

SICK
I actually dislike OoT a lot, and I feel Egoraptor's Sequelitis covers a lot of the issues I have with it. To me OoT just isn't fun. It basically took everything ALttP had built and then just... threw it all away. Exploration, mystery, and most of all fun, and fun is all a game should be. I feel that the only reason this game gets praise at all is because of nostalgic fans continuously increasing hype over a game that really just isn't all that good. Well, I take that back, as a game, OoT did a lot of things right, and as a game it's good, but as a Zelda game I feel it missed the mark by a long shot. I don't know if I made my point well, but what I'm basically saying is OoT just isn't fun. Period.
A lot of the things he criticised about OoT, all of the 3D Zelda game have the same criticisms, some even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom