• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Phantom Hourglass is the bane of my existence. The story is good, although a little reminiscent off Link's Awakening, but I want to find whoever designed the controls and stab him in the eye with a DS stylus. Having to move Link around with the stupid stylus and aim and do EVERYTHING with it is tiresome and awkward. And I am so freaking over the Temple of the Ocean king you have no idea. I'm going to finish it, but I'm stuck in the damn temple for the what, fifth? Sixth time? It's repetitive and annoying, and there are not nearly enough short cuts to get through the areas you've already gone through.

One final note that I have to say about Phantom Hourglass was that the story wasn't really that focused. I felt lost at times and I sometimes had to replay a scene or two just to understand what was going on.

Another problem I have with the story is that Tetra isn't focused as much as she was in WW. The story is more about Linebeck than her (and even Link himself (the MAIN CHARACTER)).

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I also don't like they turned Tetra into a helpless damsel in PH. She was totally badass all through WW and then she's all "Link! Hellllp meeee!" in PH and it kind of wrecked her character. I don't mind the focus being on Linebeck so much, I actually like him as a character.

How can anybody not say AoL? :wrong:
There is seriously not 1 good thing about that game:
- Way too hard (yes, yes, I'm 'sooo bad at Zelda games', don't hold back tough boys :lol:);
- 2D sidescrolling parts are lame;
- Enemies and bosses are bland;
- Overwold is hopeless.

I would like to see a new The Legend of Zelda sidescrolling game, but more like SSBB Subspace Emissary/Adventure Mode.
Now THAT would be awesome!

Zelda II was just pure suckiness..

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
Of the games I've played/completed, I'd have to go with the Oracles. I'm not sure which one to choose, Ages or Seasons, but I'll go with Ages because I've actually completed that one.

Oracle of Ages isn't... bad, but playing it honestly feels like a chore sometimes. I feel like this game is filled to the brim with tedium. I think the overworld is annoying to explore, some of the dungeons are frustrating as living hell, and more than often I am left completely stumped on where to go or what to do. There are just so many... stupid parts.

I hated the Crescent Island portion. Having to backtrack back and forth through the island, doing stupid **** to get your items back was awful for me.
There's also Jabu-Jabu's Belly. It's the most frustrating, drawn-out dungeon with a rehashed gimmick and mind-numbing music.
And don't get me started on that ****ing Goron minigame.

Also, the time travel mechanic was neat-o at some parts, but just irritating at others.

The game still has its redeeming factors. Nice story and characters. Mostly great music. Some cool design choices. But for the most part, Oracle of Ages is the last Zelda title I want to replay.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I said Zelda II before, but after playing it again, I found it quite enjoyable.

I ****ing hate Phantom Hourglass now. I enjoyed it before. However when I tried to play it again, it hurt... I completely forgot about the Temple of the Ocean King so when I got there all of the memories came flooding back. I ****ing hated going there over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Seriously going through the EXACT SAME ****ING TRAPS OVER AND OVER AGAIN GETS PRETTY DAMN REDUNDANT. The controls sucked too. Whenever I tried swinging my sword, I ended up just turning to the right resulting in me getting hit. Now I know that you can tap enemies to automatically strike them, but even that was a hassle sometimes. I just can't bring myself to go through that Temple over and over again just to beat the game again. Definitely not worth it. PH is my new least favorite Zelda Game.

Of the games I've played/completed, I'd have to go with the Oracles. I'm not sure which one to choose, Ages or Seasons, but I'll go with Ages because I've actually completed that one.

Oracle of Ages isn't... bad, but playing it honestly feels like a chore sometimes. I feel like this game is filled to the brim with tedium. I think the overworld is annoying to explore, some of the dungeons are frustrating as living hell, and more than often I am left completely stumped on where to go or what to do. There are just so many... stupid parts.

I hated the Crescent Island portion. Having to backtrack back and forth through the island, doing stupid **** to get your items back was awful for me.
There's also Jabu-Jabu's Belly. It's the most frustrating, drawn-out dungeon with a rehashed gimmick and mind-numbing music.
And don't get me started on that ****ing Goron minigame.

Also, the time travel mechanic was neat-o at some parts, but just irritating at others.

The game still has its redeeming factors. Nice story and characters. Mostly great music. Some cool design choices. But for the most part, Oracle of Ages is the last Zelda title I want to replay.

Yeah Crescent Island wasn't cool and the forced Tokay mini game really ticked me off. It's a good game otherwise, Labyrnna feels so huge and there's so much to do.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
Maaajora's Mask. It stressed me out completely. Saving was a nuisance, everything was all over the place. It was also really easy. That said - I still like the game, just is my least favourite.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
A Link Between Snores, I mean is it really necessary that Zelda has to also be poisoned by the NSMB formula, was 3D Mario not enough for it's insatiable blood-thirst?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Possible candidates:

Four Swords - for not really being a full fledged game
Phantom Hourglass - temple of the ocean king ; also nothing outstanding as far as gameplay goes
Four Swords Adventures - for requiring several GBA's to even be worthy of play
Zelda 2 - lack of checkpoints, poor overworld
Spirit Tracks - train was a horrible idea. doesn't do much to improve over PH

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A Link Between Snores, I mean is it really necessary that Zelda has to also be poisoned by the NSMB formula, was 3D Mario not enough for it's insatiable blood-thirst?

>Has a completely original mechanic, changes how items are received, and has brand-new content galore
>Still pulled a NSMB

The funny thing is that the original NSMB wasn't even a rehash. It was the games AFTER that were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom