• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My least favorite Zelda game has to be PH. the sailing was kinda boreing and it was way to easy. don't get me wrong though it is still a great game, just not the best

My least favorite Zelda game has to be PH. the sailing was kinda boreing and it was way to easy. don't get me wrong though it is still a great game just not the best

phantom hourglass forsure that game wasn't just bad as a zelda game, it was just a terrible game in general.

i also didnt care for the four swords titles or skyward sword for that matter, four swords was just sort of a half assed attempt to make zelda multiplayer and skyward sword was far two linear, had a terrible overworld, weird motion controls that would randomly freak out on you, and overall i really have no desire to go back and replay that game.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
The more recent Zelda games are my least favourite but that's not saying much because I like every Zelda game I ever played.:)

My least favorite game was definitely Phantom Hourglass. Like what 43ForceGems said, there was too much ocean, and a very bad soundtrack. The only music I partially enjoyed was Linebecks' theme, but I really didn't care for Linebeck as a character. Also, I really disliked the stylus controls in this game (and Spirit Tracks as well). The only reason Spirit Tracks ranks above Phantom Hourglass for me would be the soundtrack. I actually really enjoyed the soundtrack to Spirit Tracks, but hated Phantom Hourglass, and, personally, the music of a zelda game plays a huge roll in the enjoyment of the game

I hate PH just going back and forth to the temple of the ocean king just brings my blood to a boil.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't know if I've ever answered this thread before, but my least favourite Zelda game is Minish Cap. I found it boring, and irritating, and just overall I think it sucked. I know how unpopular this view is, but it felt like a waste of my time playing it although I completed it for the sake of it, I have never replayed it and probably never will. I don't remember specifically why I disliked it so much, but I just really didn't like it. A close second for least favourite for me is Phantom Hourglass. Just... ugh. No. So much was wrong with that game. I can't comment on Zelda II because I've never played it.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
There aren't any games that I'd say really sucked. However, two games in particular do sort of rub me the wrong ways for different reasons. One is Zelda 2 (How original of me!) and the other is Twilight Princess.

Zelda 2 is just really different, and while I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, I think it could've been better as a stand alone title. If it weren't for a sprite that resembles Link in it, one would assume it was a different franchise of its own. Plus it's balls-gratingly difficult for someone as unskilled in video games as I am.

Twilight Princess is harder to explain, but the things that really annoy me about this game is the story. I know, I know, not quite as important as gameplay in terms of Zelda but it still matters. I mean, the idea with the dark interlopers is cool, very cool actually, but I really don't think it reached its full potential. We barely got to see the twilight realm, and when we did, it felt like a dungeon, not it's own world. I think it would've been far cooler if we had actually went into the twilight realm after arbiter's grounds and had a few dungeons there. I find it difficult to sympathize with Midna and her people about their world being taken over when I don't even get to see barely any of it. Also, I hate what that game did to Zelda. I thought she was bland and insignificant, especially when you compare her to likes of Tetra. If Midna hadn't almost been killed, she could almost be taken out of the game completely. Link's more than capable to use a bow while on horseback, so she's not even really needed for the final battle either. And Ganondorf was felt tacked on at the end, there was hardly any build up to him from the beginning of the game and they ruined Zant by adding him. There was a truckload of useless, unmemorable characters who served no purpose. The world felt empty and desolate, and Epona became utterly useless once you got the ability to warp. The gameplay itself was fine, and of course it was, it's a Nintendo-made Zelda, but it wasn't anything special. It's not a bad game, just a little lack-luster in my opinion.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
If I have to say which Zelda game is my least favorite, I too will have to go with Phantom Hourglass. For some reason as much as I was concentrated when playing the game, I just felt "lost", so to speak. I always remember having to backtrack throughout the map to look for the hint that I needed in order to progress further into the game. Not to mention the controls just felt bland despite that Spirit Tracks had a similar approach and it more goes into how far were the mechanics used. That's probably why I believe Spirit Tracks is very high in my list as the mechanics were nearly perfect while in Phantom Hourglass, they felt somewhat choppy and not used to efficiently. Another thing that also gets to me was the redundancy of the Temple of the Ocean King. You spend more time returning and going through the Temple of the Ocean King than visiting the other islands, which only have about a few minutes of gameplay and that kinda irked me a bit. One final note that I have to say about Phantom Hourglass was that the story wasn't really that focused. I felt lost at times and I sometimes had to replay a scene or two just to understand what was going on. Those are the main reasons why I consider Phantom Hourglass my least favorite game at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom