• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Sword Technique

I hated the peril beam in MC, an exact duplicate of the beamblade, And you have to have 1 heart or less. As for TP, I thought it was the jump strike (the charged version of jump attack) because it takes too long to charge and its only good when there are multiple enemies very close to each other.

linkman8

True and Noble
Agreed with BlueLink, I did not like the Peril Beam, because it was just worthless in its purest essence. By the time you get to use it when you get one heart left, there's pretty much no chance of surviving anyway.

Those are the only ones I've played that have multiple sword techniques, but you can post about techniques from other games: thats fine with me.

I would say the Hurricane Spin Attack from TWW. When i first got this game, I was hoping the special technique after getting all those damn knights crests would be the beamblade attack. Instead you get the hurricane spin, which was kinda cool at first, but I soon realized how pointless it was. Not only did it take forever to gain energy for it, but once the move was completed it delayed Link and made him very vulnerable to attacks.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Agreed with Avenged, Hurricane Spin was a bit dissapointing. They surely fixed it for Minish Cap though, Great Spin Attack is a really good technique. But as for most things in MC, they made it easier to find...

But the most least would be... Jump strike, i think it was called. The MC one with Roc's Cape and sword. It looks cool, and damage probably alot, but I simply never used it. Roll strike was also pretty useless, but you could at least easily take out enemies hiding under things with it. So I'll go with jump stirke.

And best is downward thrust. No-one can disagree.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never bothered to get all the Sword Techniques in TP, so I don't know all of them, but my least favorite is the Shield Attack (or whatever it's called). It just seems that no matter what I do, I can never get that one to work.

Agreed with Avenged, Hurricane Spin was a bit dissapointing. They surely fixed it for Minish Cap though, Great Spin Attack is a really good technique. But as for most things in MC, they made it easier to find...

But the most least would be... Jump strike, i think it was called. The MC one with Roc's Cape and sword. It looks cool, and damage probably alot, but I simply never used it. Roll strike was also pretty useless, but you could at least easily take out enemies hiding under things with it. So I'll go with jump stirke.

Uhh, the down thrust is the one in MC with the roc's cape. Jump strike is the one in TP where you charge up your sword and do a special jump attack that does area damage.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Uhh, the down thrust is the one in MC with the roc's cape. Jump strike is the one in TP where you charge up your sword and do a special jump attack that does area damage.

Ah, then I really got it wrong with the names. Sorry, haven't played MC in awhile. The downward thrust that I meant was best is the one in AoL of course.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'm gonna have to say dash attack too....But it was helpful sometimes,So in that case ill say the down thrust i can never hit enemies with it.

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1

I can not say what tecnniuqe I do not like. Kind of like all kinds. Of course I love the down thrust!! But it is not much superior to the rest :) Am I wrong?

(Actually the downtrust in MC was kind of meaningless!!)

Last edited:
K

Keaton

I keep forgetting they exist. It's hard to hate something that doesn't exist. Not impossible, just hard.

Leix

Error
...but once the move was completed it delayed Link and made him very vulnerable to attacks.

Noooot if you crashed yourself into something on time. Go as long as you can and then whack yourself into a wall, you'll be fine.

Id say the automatic jump attack (you know, enemy's gonna attack, hit a when it flashes)from WW when you're fighting Orca. It came in handy when you're fighting armored beasts, but Orca has a tendancy to hit you back. The roll around back was just dandy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom