• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Sword Technique

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Noooot if you crashed yourself into something on time. Go as long as you can and then whack yourself into a wall, you'll be fine.

Id say the automatic jump attack (you know, enemy's gonna attack, hit a when it flashes)from WW when you're fighting Orca. It came in handy when you're fighting armored beasts, but Orca has a tendancy to hit you back. The roll around back was just dandy though.

Yeah, it's pretty much pointless to use on Orca. You only get one hit out of it and it can leave you open. But it's very effective against Darknuts. (If that's what those things are)

In itself, I think the shield attack wasn't very usefull. You need it to do the helm splitter, but it doesn't do much other than that.

Kybyrian

The Dash Attack in MC for sure.

Didn't come in handy much. >_>

TP's were awesome, and helpful. =D

Chris

It has been awhile...
I hated the peril beam in MC, an exact duplicate of the beamblade, And you have to have 1 heart or less. As for TP, I thought it was the jump strike (the charged version of jump attack) because it takes too long to charge and its only good when there are multiple enemies very close to each other.

Same for me, I never used it and I found it stupid and not needed. It just was put there for people who die alot in the game. It is easier to have full hearts than it is to have 1.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I hated the peril beam in MC, an exact duplicate of the beamblade, And you have to have 1 heart or less. As for TP, I thought it was the jump strike (the charged version of jump attack) because it takes too long to charge and its only good when there are multiple enemies very close to each other.

actually, the peril beam has saved me something. i really liked the idea.
and the dash attack was pretty handy, especialy when fighting darknuts.

anyway mine would be:
TMC: Down Thrust, i barely used it and i don't know why the hell they put this in the game. so yeah it gives damage to your surroundings. well so does the spin attack...

i have no complaintments with the sword skills in TP.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I am reviving the oldest World of Zelda thread in the history of the site. Hooray. Anyway, I really must say that the most useless technique in any Zelda game is the Mortal Draw, and for good reason. Let me tell you why:

The mortal draw had to be set up first before it can be used. Most people play around with the mechanic just for the heck of it - that's what I always did. Plus, whenever an enemy charged you while you were standing still, what was your reaction? Of course. Draw your sword. Most neglect the fact that the Mortal Draw technique is there. Sure, it can prove useful at times. The only problem is that if you sheathe your sword immediately after, you'll be wasting valuable time while Link plays with his flashy sword. I only have more complaints. The Mortal Draw cannot be used over and over, continuously, I should say. You would only use it once - sheathing your sword and then performing the attack again leaves you defenseless and makes you look stupid all the while. I'd rather just fight these enemies with other techniques. Plus, the Mortal Draw only works against relatively weak enemies. What do you think the Mortal Draw would do against a Darknut? It is useful - but only at certain times. Mostly it's just a flashy move that you would not really use in a combat situation, especially if there are hordes of enemies advancing on you.

David

But you called me here...
I am reviving the oldest World of Zelda thread in the history of the site. Hooray. Anyway, I really must say that the most useless technique in any Zelda game is the Mortal Draw, and for good reason. Let me tell you why:

Dude, I was totally going to revive this thread earlier this afternoon, but I decided not to. Anyway, my least favorite would be the shield attack and then mortal draw. On the wii version, using the stupid shield attack was a pain. The game kept thinking I wanted to do a spin attack. I did not. And I hate how you have to put the sword away to use the mortal draw. I feel so vulnerable.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
It's definitely about the uselessness of the Downward Thrust in The Minish Cap. I never actually used this aside from messing around. Peril beam wasn't too bad since you could use it to kill enemies from afar until one dropped a heart, so I found it had some use. None in TP seemed terrible to me. I don't know how you people can be complaining about the dash attack in TMC, I absolutely loved it and had quite a bit of fun with it.

haha I used the shield bash all the time. Who needs a sword? :P

This is basic, but I kind of hate the forward thrust. I never use it, especially in TP. Even in beginning, when you're showing off to the village kids, I never quite get the hang of it.

T

The_man

I hate to pick one cause i remember how excited i was a long time ago when i played through the 2nd zelda and you could stab upwards and downwards while jumping, but yes the peril beam by far

Master

Upcoming
I Actually didn't like the "Mortal Draw" in Twilight Princess , I found it useless , since i am those type of players who likes to finish everything and everybody quikly....:devil:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
The downward thrust in the minish cap. For me it was hard to pull off because whenever I used Roc's Cape I'd hold down the button like a millisecond too long. And where was I expected to use it anyways? I mean it's not like I can get in mid-air jump perfectly without using the cape feature and use my sword at the highest peak hit a enemy when when I could use the hurricane spin.

Mine would probably be the peril beam in MC. That sucked because you had to have one heart left.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
From MC, it would be the one where you jump with roc's cape then strike your sword into the ground. Never used it.
From TP, it would be the Great Spin Attack, as you couldn't use it much as you needed to have full hearts.

Alar

Clothed in Green
I agree with PhantomTriforce because the great spin is pretty much is useless if you don't have full hearts especially in the cave of ordeals where you hardly ever have full hearts. My favourite is probably the back slice because it is just cool and so stylish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom