• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Least Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon

Which Skyward Sword dungeon did you enjoy the least?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanayru Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sandship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
T

toyall123

To complement the last thread, which Skyward Sword dungeon did you enjoy the least? You may only choose one. Please vote after you complete the game.

T

toyall123

If you want to, you can vote in the poll above...but yes, I did not find the Sandship very enjoyable.

IllehNylund

Mr. Hermelin
I just got really disappointed at the Earth Temple because it just was to short. I know it might have been longer then Skyview Temple but it's the second dungeon it should have been longer. But i still enjoyed the Temple. The boss was Epic and i liked the rolling on a Rock part.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Skyview Temple. It was boring the first time round and it was made even worse when a certain water dragon makes you go back there.

sandship i hate the amount of time you need to switch the timestone orb the boss was not hard and very easy but i hated scevero why he broke my best iron shield :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Still haven't played, but from the looks of things Sky Keep – too many puzzles and that darn puzzle shifting mechanism reminds me of a certain...certain puzzle I had to solve in a game. Tedious, to say the least.

how can anyone dislike sandship? I thought it was the best dungeon in the game period. The whole adventure you did in that area just felt so... Adventurous

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
After thinking about it for some time, I can't really tell which one was my least favourite, I found many enjoyable moments in all of them but some flaws too here and there so I'll go over all of them.

Skyview: I thought it was pretty good for a first dungeon and the challenge was moderate, not as easy as for example OoT's Deku Tree but not insanely hard. Boss battle was nice too.

Earth: Yeah, I too think it was a bit too short for a second dungeon, but I must admit the boss was cool, one of the better battles in the series.

Mine: Probably among the best designed dungeons in the game, quite unique concept, difficulty was considerably higher than the previous two (I actually died against those annoying 3-eyed worm things in the second room, one of my 3 game overs in the whole playthrough) and it was much longer. Just the boss battle disappointed a bit, it was the easiest one of all and didn't require much more thinking than beating a regular Bokoblin.

Cistern: It felt a bit too long for me but I really liked how the theme of the dungeon suddenly changed halfway through, so it felt like a 2-in-1 dungeon. And a very epic boss battle too!

Sandship: Liked it too, very cool concept, just one thing that annoyed me a little was that one part where you had to switch the environment back and forth to enable two other switches. Could've been shortened quite a bit. And the boss battle (as well as the introduction to it), while not very difficult it was really fun.

Fire Sanctuary: It felt a bit stretched out too but otherwise it had its share of nice puzzles. Boss battle was OK gameplay-wise, it being story-focused probably prevented it from being a more creative battle.

Sky Keep: It had its new unique concept but also incorporated the tradition of many returning parts of earlier dungeons, a concept found in previous final dungeons of the series since Ganon's Tower in aLttP. It didn't have a boss directly, but it was directly followed by the pre-final and then final battles. While I really liked the pre-final battle, the very final battle was quite a letdown for me. Like in the last couple Zelda games, it's quite easy, which alone wouldn't have a been a bad thing if it just didn't totally lack the epicness factor that we had when battling Ganondorf in OoT, WW, TP and even Majora in MM. It was "meh" for me.
More details on that:
It felt a bit strange that the source of all evil fights pretty much like a simple TP Darknut in the first phase. Even if it's quite hard to dodge him, he in turn doesn't block your attacks very well either at all. I didn't even bother trying to dodge because that way I could get in more hits per time. You can literally flail your Wiimote around in this battle, he will only block your first three or so slashes and then take damage. The second phase, which looks pretty much identical to the first one (no transformation like in all 3D Zeldas to date and even aLttP and TMC, not even an attack pattern change), he just now has an electric sword. So you simply have to skyward charge your sword with electricity and send it towards him, hit him a couple times as he's paralysed, repeat that process a few times until he falls to the ground, let him get up again for now and do some more damage and the second time he falls down, quickly fatal blow him. Done. Especially after the quite epic final Ghirahim battle, I expected more phases and more strategy to be involved with that battle, as well as more dialogue, I'd say it's by far the weakest final battle in a 3D Zelda yet.

And to add a mini dungeon: The Pirates' Hideout. It had its nice and fresh puzzles too, but I expected a bit more in that area, maybe an overworld boss battle with a chief pirate or so. What's a pirate hideout without pirates? Even hoped to meet some non-enemy pirate NPCs with sidequests, but there's nothing of that.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I haven't finished the game, but I'm pretty sure I can accurately say the Skyview Temple. The first half of it was just too dull. It picked up when it got to the portion that was in the E3 2011 demo, but a little too much damage was already done by that point. Not to say it was a bad dungeon. It just wasn't a great one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom