• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Least Favorite Dungeon?

Least Favorite Dungeon

• Woodfall

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Snowhead

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Great Bay

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Stone Tower

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Side Dungeon (please specify)

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
biggest problems and liked least for me refer to two different dungeons, most problems pr challenging is Stone Tower but my least like done is beneath the well, I just find it annoying.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Beneath the Well. I have always dislike wells and have a thing against them, this coupled with the fact that a recent MQ run has taught me that wells are evil places with boulders and the dead trying to mug you for your hearts.... Though the dead may just want to hug yo life.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Definitely Beneath the Well. It's not really "creepy", not like the one in OoT, it's more the fact that it's annoying as all hell. I didn't use a walkthrough the first time I went through it, so I didn't have the necessary items to go through it at first. "Y'know, this is a weird well that goes deep beneath the land of the dead, hey maybe I'll need to bring a fish! And some milk! Y'know, could be useful!" - said no one ever.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Definitely Beneath the Well. It's not really "creepy", not like the one in OoT, it's more the fact that it's annoying as all hell. I didn't use a walkthrough the first time I went through it, so I didn't have the necessary items to go through it at first. "Y'know, this is a weird well that goes deep beneath the land of the dead, hey maybe I'll need to bring a fish! And some milk! Y'know, could be useful!" - said no one ever.

I think that's exactly why they did that ^^ they wanted to shake it up a bit and confuse you as what to do but they didn't want to do it with a key system or puzzles so they went with baffling requests from the dead whom you require the mask of the dead to chat to... Awkward Gibdos make no friends.

I liked all of the dungeons, MM nailed them really well I had no big problems. Great Bay was really confusing at times but still great. If I had to choose I'd say Snowhead. I liked the theme and the puzzles a lot, and it had one of the best boss fights in all of Zelda history, BUT...Well falling all the way down the tower and having to get all the way back up was quite annoying.

Zeldacenter

Playing Zelda since 5
Snowhead I don't know why it just was annoying with the layout of the many floors It was confusing and it was as far as I got as a little kid so I would have to replay it over and over again.

Snowhead. It wasn't overly challenging, but for some reason I always seem to find the Goron-related dungeons to be the most tedious and least enjoyably of the bunch. (i'm looking at you, Goron Mines…)

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I liked all of the dungeons.

Depends on how you grade them. Snowhead and Great Bay were more cerebral and better designed, but had frustrating parts. Woodfall Temple was probably more "fun" but was very simplistic.

I liked all of the dungeons.

Depends on how you grade them. Snowhead and Great Bay were more cerebral and better designed, but had frustrating parts. Woodfall Temple was probably more "fun" but was very simplistic.

Well, Woodfall is also the tutorial dungeon. I try not to judge them on any other merit besides "did I enjoy it?" and "did it succeed or fail in teaching me what I need to know to play the game?"

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Yeah, I tend to be lenient on tutorial dungeons. Even if its simple, I think Inside the Deku Tree, for example, was EXCELLENT!

I like all different kinds of dungeons. Simple dungeons are a fun breeze to play. Complex dungeons have rewarding puzzles. Atmospheric dungeons take me places.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I actually enjoyed all the dungeons, but my least favourite is probably the Great Bay Temple. I don't know why, it's just a part of the game I never look forward to compared to others. The first time I battle Gyorg was a frustrating experience, so that may play a part as well.

I know some people said it previously, and I would also say Beneath the Well, but I don't really classify that as a dungeon personally. Mini/side dungeons in the game to me are Pirate's Fortress and Ikana Castle. Beneath the Well is kind of the equivalent of Pinnacle Rock, with a step up in difficulty.

So on that note, I'd say my least favourite dungeon as a whole is the Snowhead Temple. I didn't think the puzzles flowed as well as the other dungeons, and its ambiance seemed kind of on the dull side. And funny enough, probably the biggest factor for me in saying that was the mini-boss, which I though was super lame, not to mention that they used the same one twice for both. Majora's Mask had some absolutely phenomenal mini-bosses (Gekko, Gomess, Wart, Pirates, Garo Master) so the fact that these battles were such a flop didn't stay in tune with the rest of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom