• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Least Favorite Dungeon Out of All 3D Zelda Games

I dislike the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time, the Ice Ruins from Twilight Princess, and Ocean King's Temple from Phantom Hourglass.

It's not really a proper dungeon, but the Ice Cave from Ocarina of Time is something I have never looked forward too. It is more along the lines of something I dread, as I find it incredibly boring and rather tedious. I will give it merit though since it makes you work for the Iron Boots, unlike in Twilight Princess were you practically had to beat him in a wrestling match that was easy. I guess I class it as being on the same level as the three dungeons you have to make your way through at the start of the game, except so much worse.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
It's not really a proper dungeon, but the Ice Cave from Ocarina of Time is something I have never looked forward too. It is more along the lines of something I dread, as I find it incredibly boring and rather tedious.

Interesting. I think the Ice Cavern is also my least favorite 3D Dungeon, yet I have some difficulty identifying why exactly I dislike it so much. I don't think that there's really any other dungeon in the series that I dread in the same way. Although it isn't that I find it boring or tedious...just that I don't like being in it, save for the last room where you meet up with Sheik. It can't be the ice theme either, because on the other end of the spectrum, I absolutely loved Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess. Just something about the Ice Cavern has always repelled me...

Oh. Actually no. Although I can appreciate it from a design standpoint, I absolutely couldn't stand Lanayru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword. Although it probably had mostly to do with the music, my temperament turns to seething irritation the moment I step in there, and there's just no precedent of any previous dungeon in the series having turned my mood so sour. I recognize that it's a favorite and that I'm in a minority, but that is where I stand.

::EDIT:: OPINION REVISION. I HATE LANAYRU MINING FACILITY IN SKYWARD SWORD. Not gonna lie, it has 90% to do with the music.....the moment I hear it, I get extremely peeved. ^ ^;;

Last edited:
The Stone Tower Temple from MM. First off, it's boring and tedious just to GET to it. And then they take the same mechanic that made it tedious to get to it, and incorporated it into the temple itself. There were also a few other parts in that temple that made me loathe it, but what I just said is the main factor.

From the sounds of it, though, the Sky Keep might become my new least favorite dungeon. (I'm right there, I just need to get through the Silent Realm.) That slider puzzle thing looks frustrating.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Even though the Palace of Twilight looked cool and backstory was interesting the dungeon was very disappointing. Instead of a long dungeon with diffrent puzzles it was a very short dungeon and most likely was the shortest which is odd since it is close to the end of the game. The dungeon consisted of a few things. First getting souls and watching out for a wall master. This was cool for the first few rooms but after awhile it just got boring and repetitive. Then you had a short puzzle with blocks made from souls. A quick boring battle with shadow monsters and then BAM! Your already at the boss. I dont have anything wrong with short dungeons. Just look at Skyward Sword, most of the dungeons were fairly short but all of them had great puzzles and good gameplay. Palace of Twilight, short nd dull and one dungeon that I don't look forward to going back to time and time again.

T

TimeLovesAHero

I hated the Tower of the Gods in Wind Waker, I just found the entire dungeon to be frustrating and annoying with the water moving up and down and the yellow chu's always shocking you. But the Reward is worth it to get the Master Sword.

I have always hated EVERY Ice temple/Dungeon from any game .They always but "cheap traps " like pits with very thine walking space with ice so you slide and fall in or random falling ice or getting stuck in the snow or sliding into spikes . They also have "cheap enemies that freeze you when they touch you and can do a lot of damage with you don't smash buttons fast enough. But the thing I hate the most about Ice dungeons is ALL block puzzles I hate them soooo much . Don't get me wrong block puzzles are fine but when you put them on ice and they SUCK sliding All over the place going to far not sliding to the right place or sliding into pits . Just sooo many bad times.:(

The Forest Temple in OOT and the Forsaken Fortress because i always loose my way ( specialy in the Forsaken Fortress, god i hate that place), and the Shadow Temple in OOT... dunno why, its easy but it just annoys me to no end.

O

Orcbum

OOT: Water Temple. I hate swimming in most games, why would I like it in a cramped temple that would prod my near-claustrophobia irritably?
WW: Wind Temple. I just hate the layout. (The high ceilings; missing ramps because of stupid steering leaf, etc. xD)

Oh Earth Temple of Wind Waker, with your many redeads, floor masters, and taking care of Medli. I hate you with a passion... and why is a bird... duck.. person, the sage of an under ground temple anyway. I will always hatethe earth temple, no matter how many times I beat WW.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Call me weird, but one of my least favorite temples is the OoT forest temple. I have no idea why. I just don't like it.

Lanayru mining facility. It doesnt fit zelda at all

While I completely disagree with the assessment that the Lanayru Mining Facility doesn't fit Zelda (because it's like the most Zelda thing ever), I will say that I really didn't like that dungeon either. Although, that's mostly because it kicked my arse in pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom