• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Least Favorite Dungeon Out of All 3D Zelda Games

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
What is the dungeon that you dislike or even hate the most in the series? And why? Discuss. I want to see thoughts. (Keep in mind, this is including all 3d zelda games.) :)

City in the Sky, why? Don't know really. Its just bloody irritating and long and the freaky-looking-chicken-things make it even worse. It has a cool boss though.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
The only one I really dislike at this point is the Great Deku Tree from OoT. The only reason being is that I've played through it so many times, that I just want to get on with the real adventure.

There's two dungeons I dislike: Wind Temple (WW) because I easily get disorientated, even after all these years I still haven't been able to properly memorise the layout of the dungeon, especially a couple of the rooms leading from the giant fan, and Palace of Twilight (TP) because it's way too short (which is just as well for me), too dark and the battle with Zant (with the exception of the Morpheel room part of it) is too long and boring.

MW7

Three that come to mind are the Great Deku Tree from OOT, the 2nd trip to the Forsaken Fortress from WW, and the Palace of Twilight from Twilight Princess. The Great Deku Tree was just so easy it barely seems like a dungeon. The 2nd trip to the Forsaken Fortress seemed like a lazy way to add an extra dungeon to the game. The Palace of Twilight seemed to me like the game designers ran out of good ideas almost entirely at this point in the game.

Last edited:
F

flameblade97

i will aslo have to agree the first three dungeons on Oot are so easy because ive played through them so many times on both the n64 and 3ds versions that its almost no fun anymore more like a nusence :P

I would have to say that my least favorite 3-D Zelda dungeon would be Jabu Jabu's Belly. It was frustrating as hell and any time you need to keep track of another character is a bad time in my book. The overall design of the dungeon was extremely underwhelming and it topped everything off with an easy, not-so-memorable boss. The one and only thing I liked about this dungeon was getting the boomerang. I love the boomerang. It is my friend.

I would have to say that my least favorite 3-D Zelda dungeon would be Jabu Jabu's Belly. It was frustrating as hell and any time you need to keep track of another character is a bad time in my book. The overall design of the dungeon was extremely underwhelming and it topped everything off with an easy, not-so-memorable boss. The one and only thing I liked about this dungeon was getting the boomerang. I love the boomerang. It is my friend.

Honestly, I like when there is another character with me in the dungeon, but I don't like it if they are mean and useless, like Ruto. Thumbs down for Jabu-Jabu's Belly. I must disagree about the boss, though. He was the only good boss as a kid.

jabu jabu´s belly, because you need to carry an annoying kid trough the whole dungeon with almost no use. the dungeon was very ugly too

I don't like the Sandship in SS. I found it kind of bland and disappointing. I also don't like the shadow temple in oot, I don't really know why.

I agree with TwiliMajora on the Sandship. There was nothing exciting about the Sandship, it wasnt epic at all, and honestly, I felt no sympathy for the ancient robots and skipper. Theyre a bunch of robots for pete's peppers, how did Nintendo expect me to care about that? Of course, you go to the Sandship to get to the flame, but still. There was nothing exciting, and oh mah gahd the mini boss was insanely easy for one of the final dungeons in SS.

I also wasn't a fan of the Wind and Earth Temples in WW. The Earth Temple wasn't insanely boring, it was still interesting, but I just didnt enjoy playing through it. And the Wind Temple. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The music pissed me off sooo much, it's like something that plays in the background while youre being tickled by an evil clown... and the Wizrobes in WW were insanely annoying, I can't elaborate enough on how much they got to me, it was like a bunch of Toucan Sams on acid.

Last edited:

MW7

I agree with TwiliMajora on the Sandship. There was nothing exciting about the Sandship, it wasnt epic at all, and honestly, I felt no sympathy for the ancient robots and skipper. Theyre a bunch of robots for pete's peppers, how did Nintendo expect me to care about that? Of course, you go to the Sandship to get to the flame, but still. There was nothing exciting, and oh mah gahd the mini boss was insanely easy for one of the final dungeons in SS.
It's fine that you don't like it, but I completely don't understand how you can say the mini-boss was insanely easy for one of the final dungeons. The mini-boss of the fourth dungeon is just a slightly harder version of the mini-boss from the first dungeon so that's not difficult, the first mini-boss of the sixth dungeon literally can be beaten in 10 seconds if you can pour water on both magma hands at once, the second mini-boss of the sixth dungeon (underground snake thing) I'll admit was more difficult than the Sandship's mini-boss, and the seventh dungeon reuses the Sandship's mini-boss probably because the designers thought it was one of the hardest in the game. I'm not saying it's hard, but I am saying that relative to the other mini-bosses in the game that the Sandship's mini-boss was one of the harder ones. The entire game was relatively easy compared to some other games in the series, but I wouldn't single out that mini-boss at least from my experience.

I didn't care for the robots at all either so I never went to talk to them; just because the game directs you to go down to the prison cell just to talk to them doesn't mean you have to (you still have to rescue them for the key but that's it). Everything else is just difference of opinion. I think a pirate ship is more epic and exciting than the traditional dungeon. It even had a treasure room, and the part between the boss room and the actual boss was just awesome IMO.
I also wasn't a fan of the Wind and Earth Temples in WW. The Earth Temple wasn't insanely boring, it was still interesting, but I just didnt enjoy playing through it. And the Wind Temple. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The music pissed me off sooo much, it's like something that plays in the background while youre being tickled by an evil clown... and the Wizrobes in WW were insanely annoying, I can't elaborate enough on how much they got to me, it was like a bunch of Toucan Sams on acid.
I feel the same way about pretty much all of Wind Waker's dungeons but especially the Wind Temple. The music doesn't bother me, but there's just something about those dungeons that doesn't appeal to me.

I think it's very interesting how not everyone agrees about what dungeons are the most enjoyable. TheWind didn't like the Forest Temple, and that's a common pick for people's all time favorite dungeon from what I've seen. Also we've had three people express dislike for the Sandship and it got 31/106 votes in the favorite Skyward Sword dungeon poll putting it one vote away from tying for first (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?26186-Favorite-Skyward-Sword-Dungeon). I expected that dungeons that are commonly loved wouldn't be near the bottom of the list for anyone but I was wrong, very interesting topic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom