• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least favorite Chore?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Chores, chores, chores. Can't live without them, hard to not be annoyed with them. At least for me. Dishing, washing, cleaning, vacuuming, shopping, laundry, cleaning again, wipe surfaces ... what's your least favorite chore? (Or worst chore)

Probably wiping down surfaces and dusting things. It is insane how quickly things get dusty. When I wipe surfaces down it makes me feel so trampy because of how quickly dirt builds up.

Though I'm not fond of any chore.

Hanging up wet washing is also a buzzkill.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I hate folding laundry. Washing, drying, bringing down the baskets to the laundry room, I'm fine with everything about laundry but folding.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
To be honest, trying to combat vines and overgrowth that grow over my fence every single year. There is only so much I can do, and if I did anything more it'd mean I'd need to go very extreme, and would be a huge time sink that would leave me with no spare time to do things I want.

Behind my fence there is an opening of land that is just kind of there; it belongs to the city, but they don't maintain it. They only clear some of it out every 5 years or so to get to the Utility Pole. Anyway, a bunch of vines grow back there that end up growing over my fence, so every year I cut away what I can, but by the next summer it grows back over the fence. Within all the vines are some with thorns, so by time I'm done my arm has a bunch of thorns stuck in the them and it's irritating. Even if I try to be careful, I can't avoid the thorns, so each year before I start I have to get into an "embrace the pain" mindset.

To get the overgrowth under control, I'd have to jump over my fence and actually clear that whole area out myself, and it'd take about two weeks to complete if I had time to work on clearing it out for full days. Realistically, I'd have to sacrifice my hobby time to clear that area out, and it'd take me maybe a month or two to do.

The issue is, in the long run it won't matter because it will all grow back because nobody else will maintain it, and I definitely won't be maintaining the area myself each month. I've tried getting the city to handle it since it's their property, but they never do. So my only option is to cut it just enough for the fence to be clear until the next summer.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I hate the dishes the most. I used to hate hanging up the laundry but we've got a dryer so I only have to fold the laundry. Oh to iron the clothes is probably worse than doing the dishes

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Cleaning the bathroom, and doing the laundry. Chores are just a drag in general, but I like to be somewhat tidy. My fiancee is the one who really is a stickler for cleanliness.

If it counts, showering. Nothing takes me more energy and mental preparation than showering. I'm lucky if I can manage doing it twice a week.

Dishes are my big chore that I usually complain about though, and it's mostly because of other people's dishes and having to touch caked on food and ugh. But it's manageable most of the time. Chores related to fixing up my room are a pretty big drag because it involves going through which stuff to keep and throw away and my indecisiveness is too present for me to make much progress. So stressful.

If it counts, showering. Nothing takes me more energy and mental preparation than showering. I'm lucky if I can manage doing it twice a week.

Dishes are my big chore that I usually complain about though, and it's mostly because of other people's dishes and having to touch caked on food and ugh. But it's manageable most of the time. Chores related to fixing up my room are a pretty big drag because it involves going through which stuff to keep and throw away and my indecisiveness is too present for me to make much progress. So stressful.

I hate showering too. The worst part of any day is stepping out of the shower, it's horrible.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Weird I LOVE a warm shower. Stepping out into the cold sucks, sure but everything else is so nice.
I hate cleaning the bathroom tho

It's actually getting into and being in the shower that's terrible for me. Getting out is the best part because it's over and the mirror is steamed so I don't have to look at myself and I can just get dressed and be done. Yeah it's cold when I step out but clothes are in my immediate future.

Cleaning bathrooms is gross. Nothing like dust clumping to your sponge when you're tryna scrub. I actually like scrubbing surfaces though, it's pretty therapeutic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom