• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

League of Legends

who else plays? do you like it? if not what moba do you play? how much do rage hahah?
my LoL name is thethorn7861!

Yes, I play a lot of League. I have about 1,800 games logged across all game modes, 66 champions owned, and over 20 days spent playing.

Although I don't play as much as I used to (usually 1 or 2 games a day nowadays), I look forward to the promised updates in the near future, especially the new client and Summoner's Rift visual update. While the game will lose some of its distinct art style, it's great to see Riot investing resources into a better player experience.

As for raging, I never to do so in game. I've found from watching others do so that it gets to your teammates' heads and everyone starts performing worse. It's not everyone is a pro gamer so there is no reason to get upset over every minor mistake. While I do vent in voice calls on Skype a bit, I never get overly upset and am able to calm down quickly.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've only played a bit of LoL. Loved the original DOTA, moved onto HoN, then LoL, and then onto Dota 2 and stuck with that ever since.

I'm not going to get into the endless debate of Dota 2 vs LoL, I think it's a pointless discussion, they both do what they set out to do well and that's that. Of what I played of LoL, though, I thought that it was a great game for new-comers to the MOBA genre for sure, it's quite fun and the more casual play-style is a nice relaxing break from the "YOU MESSED UP, BE USELESS FOR 3 MINUTES" type deal of other MOBA games. I never raged though, although EVERYONE else did. It was horrible. All the big games have pretty bad communities, it's just probability that a big community will have more arseholes and I don't think it's somehow representative of the MOBA genre as a whole like some people tag it as, but I tended to just ignore people.

I got a bit bored of how closed the meta was and coupled with the community and not wanting to support Riot and their dodgy doings, I quit after only a few weeks of active playing. But to start with, very fun game!

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Not anymore, although I did play it like a maniac for a year on EU west. I managed to get to platinum II as top/mid player in solo ranked. I don't remember how many champions I owned exactly, however I know that I had to scroll through champions when in the lobby to get to Zyra. I never purchased skins and my favorite champions were Riven, Syndra, and LeBlanc.

Not having a job was what made me start to play so much in the first place and even when I wasn't jobless I just continued playing a lot. The constant rage & frustration from the slightly ******** community eventually made me stop entirely.

Ganondork

goo
I played League of Legends for a good six months before I stopped playing it entirely. I had a love-hate relationship almost from the beginning. A lot of it had to do with my involvement with other members on Zelda Dungeon, and how there were eventually multiple League chats, where certain people were excluded. This elitism was really only the tip of the iceberg that is the toxicity of the League of Legends community.

When most of my friends grew tired of the League chat drama, I was stuck solo queuing, and that was easily worse than having to wait a few hours to get a single League game going with friends. Most matches resulted in someone ragequitting, or the worst player in the game declaring that he was actually doing the best, despite not even having kills in the double digits. Flaming was pretty common, and I began to realize that 40 minutes+ of pure toxic behavior wasn't fun in the least bit.

While the toxic community was a leading factor in why I stopped playing League, I found out eventually that I really didn't even enjoy the game all that much. I found over time that I admired my Sultan Tryndamere more than I did enjoy playing as him. I could get 30 kills, or 2 kills, and my feelings towards that match was always the same: I was bored. 40-60 minutes of straight gameplay isn't really my thing, especially when 90% of that time is spent ignoring the 12 year olds that I'm playing with.

I figured that maybe it was just League that was bad, that maybe other games in the same genre would be more fun. So I tried dota 2. And I was beyond bored before the game hit the 20 minute mark. So I quit the game and never really looked back. I was doing fine in the game, it was just dreadfully boring. I guess there's nothing really alluring about having to dance with the other opponent, exchanging petty blows until one of us charges blindly.

So then I tried Strife, a smaller game in the same genre that offered a smaller champion pool, but more interesting mechanics. Toxicity was almost as rampant as it was in League, despite the sub reddit for the game saying otherwise. It also didn't help that it always seemed like my team was bad. I would probably say it was my fault, but I was usually the one with the best record in the game. It became apparent soon enough that it had to do with the constant, "I will be back in 20 minutes," that would pop up in the chat.

The only ARTS that I can say I have even remotely enjoyed is Heroes of the Storm. I got my hands on the alpha, and it is so much more fun. Everything about it just removes all of the toxicity and dreadful monotony of League of Legends. Matches were shorter. You leveled up with the rest of your team, not individually. Turrets didn't annihilate you, but were still a bother if you hung out underneath it. Everything about it was just amazing, and I can't wait to play it in beta.

It also bothers me that people actually say MOBA. MOBA is a blanket term that can refer to more or less every single multiplayer game. It's an ARTS, as that was the name given to it by Blizzard when they modded Warcraft 3, and it's a title that actually makes sense. League popularized the genre name MOBA, and it stuck simply because they embraced it.

So I'm not a fan of the genre as a whole. Heroes of the Storm shows promise, though.

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
heya! :)

Yeah, this gentleman most definitely plays League of Legend!! :D

I have played it for over 4 years now, I am pretty pleased with myself. My favorite mode is of course Summoner's Rift although I do enjoy ARAM too. Playing ranked at the moment too, solo ranked, it's fun. I have never had trouble with the youngsters screaming meanies at me, well I do get them constantly, but never been bothered by it hehe. My favorite champions are probably Nidalee and Vayne. :)

same name as here and playing on EUW

I have been playing since season one and i love it haha and i think i gave my skype name and not my LoL name hahaha thethorn666 is my LoL name add me if you guys want to play sometime =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom