• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

League of Legends

I thought we needed a thread about League of Legends since I saw that a fair number of people on the site were already playing it (and I've been able to convince one or two people to start :P ). League is one game among a special brand of action real-time strategy games, sometimes called a MOBAs, that was invented by a Starcraft mod called Aeon of Strife (AoS) and popularized by a Warcraft 3 mod called Defense of the Ancients (DotA). A later variant of DotA called DotA Allstars was bought up by Valve and is being developed into its own game (DotA 2, which is in beta), but due to some falling out amongst the team, many of them left and went to create League of Legends instead.

The game's basically an action strategy game where you control a character in real-time, bolstering computer-controlled troops as they assault the enemy down one of several pathways called "lanes", fighting the other players along the way in 5v5 or 3v3 matches.

I picked up League of Legends about three weeks ago. I'd never played it before but had a lot of experience playing DotA, so I've been picking it up very rapidly, though I still have a long way to go. I'll jump in with my thoughts later, but do any of you play? Are you interested in playing? (If so you should join us! It's free. Here's a link to the official site. :P )

I've heard some people think other MOBAs on the market are better, or DotA 2 beta participants who think it's a better game. Any input there? And if you play League, what are your favorite champions? Favorite maps? Strategies? Item builds?

We've also made a League of Legends Skype chat where we meet up, play games, voice-chat while playing, or just discuss the game. Let me know if you're interested in joining. ;)

Last edited:

Scoby

France
I don't like LoL, I am more of a WoW player. I try LoL before but I had no fun, It is just too slow of a game for me to play, I find it boring click on a place and character runs there, I more like when I am in arena in WoW and control my character in different ways. sorry :(

Dan

I've played LoL in the past and yes I find it a great game. I had much joy in playing as fiddlesticks. I love all the different hero designs and skins too. It's most certainly worth a check out considering it's free. Character skins you need to purchase with real moneys and you can buy new heroes with moneys too. It's more fun however in my opinion to play games and buy heroes with your in-game points. I really should get back into this myself, I also need to try out Dota2. I really do love this game genre however. :D
It's always stay fresh too since every heroes plays differently and learning how to play a new hero is always a fun new experience. I know forum member nareky plays it too. Maybe he can help me out when... **** I promised him I would play it with him...and that was months ago... :I. Oh and last time I played there were only two maps, not counting the halloween make overs.

Oh and one other character I took a liking too but didn't really master was Shaco.
ShacoIcon.png

He was quite fun but had a very different play style to what I'm used to. :I

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Glad you picked up League Axle. I've been playing the game since close to the end of Season 1, so I've been playing for little over a year and the game is still enjoyable, especially with friends. I'll often times get on Skype so that I can play with my friends who are at Rice along with my roommates (2 of which play.)

League is an excellent game of both strategy and skill. While it does have a pretty sharp learning curve (Like almost all MOBA games) once you get into it, it's a blast. I'm pretty versatile myself and can play almost any lane. My weakest would probably be the AD carry, just because I find it boring just to autoattack lol. Personally I love to take on the role of either Support or AP Carry.

My best supports would definitely be Soraka followed by Sona. My best AP Carries would be Orianna, Cassiopia, and Morgana. My favorite character is without a doubt Nidalee. The reason I latched onto her was because she was a champion that almost no one used, she can deal a ton of burst damage in cougar form, and her spears hurt like a mother ****er. She's also my Avatar now lol.

But yeah definitely hit me up if you are ever online, I'd be glad to help you get better at the game. My username is AwesomeHaile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom