• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Le New Story Sign Ups

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
SO! After a lengthy period of inactivity from this forum altogether, I have decided to hopefully return to writing. I've been juggling around an idea in my head for a while now and I think I have it pretty good. However, as it is, to tell you what the entirety of the story is REALLY about would be to give a lot of spoilers. Let it be known it is sci-fi, is set in the present day, and involves a group of people fighting against a cult/terrorist organization whose motives seem to be preparing for something that could permanently alter the world as we know it... Please adhere to the following sign-up as close as possible.

Name: First and last, relatively NORMAL names please.
Appearance: Self-explanatory.
Clothes: Nothing too outlandish please.
Personality: Self-explanatory, but please note that this is mostly a serious story, so, no Lukes please.
Side: Good or evil...no neutral.
Backstory: Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much about the story, so I reserve the right to use the backstory or not. If you choose to be evil, keep this blank.
Other: Anything I missed, or quirks, or something.

I'd be good with 3-4 sign-ups, but if you wish to sign up, do so. Sign-ups, however, will close once I begin the story. No late entries. I hope to complete this story and hope I will receive support and constructive criticism (I would like some constructive criticism, so I know how to improve.)

Thank you, blah blah blah, good bye.

EDIT: Some of you may remember or more probably won't remember a story I tried posting titled Slater. That story was one I adapted from this idea except it was changed to realistic fiction, was greatly shortened, and was simply less complex than this idea.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Another beautiful story to add to my reading list! :3

Name: Relatively Normal Daren Gallows
Appearance: Dark long (to shoulders) black hair always in a small ponytail. Eyes are green.
Clothes: Wears regular clothing of the times, I don't really care
Personality: Mysterious, evil seeming person at first, but his really close friends (maybe their all dead, or maybe you could just make up characters or whatever, just do whatever works for your story!) know he has a good heart, and he wants what is best for people. He wont express any of his emotions ever so most people don't think he cares about anything
Side: Good
Backstory: He was mistreated as a child by his parents, and he hated all people older than him because he began to formulate a stereotype in his mind that anyone older was a jerk and was evil. Although he is older and he should have matured past that childish thinking by now, he still holds a small amount on enmity towards older people, its like a natural instinct to him now that he hasn't been able to overcome. After ten years of his abusive situation (he is 14 by now) he ran away from home and began to wander the country, looking for work, homes and maybe even deep down a meaning to his pointless life. Along the way he had met some others in bad situations, and he could relate to them. When he was 17 he made a vow to himself to help those in the most need, because he couldn't bear to think of anyone suffering what he had (and still does) suffered. When he was 20 he met a girl, later to be his lover, and she was in a rut with money. She had no way to help feed her family at home, and all the men who hired her fired her not to long after. Daren instantly told her that he would work for her and help her get money for her and her family, however the girl didn't want to take this offer for free so she made a bargain with him and agreed to shelter him at her house. He learned her name was Lynda, and soon he helped Lynda also to find a job, and her family wasn't living so deep in poverty anymore. Daren and Lynda loved eath other and they promise each other to marry one day, once they could afford somewhere better to live with their own family. Soon, though, when Daren was 24, a pleague swept over the town, and Lynda died a terrible death. Daren suffered once more, and now he hated getting close to any woman for fear of losing her and feeling that pain again.
Other: Lynda liked cats a lot, and so Daren loves to be around them because they remind him of her. They bring out a gentle side in him, which he doesn't let anyone see often. He likes to see the cats in secret, where he can be alone with his memories of Lynda.

Use him as you please!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
*throws hands in the air and raegquits* Whaddaya mean no Lukes?! *sigh* Alright, lemme see who else I gotz... No Dagger because of Daren, rats.

...Post-Puberty!Madi, maybe?

POST-PUBERTY!MADI IT IS!

Name: Madeline Black. She's trying to stop introducing herself as the childish nickname Madi, but she still does so when she's nervous, which is a good bit of the time. Will quickly correct herself upon realizing as such.
Age: Uhm, I dunno, 20. POST-PUBERTY!MADI IS HARD TO MAKE AGES FOR.
Appearance: Average height, skinny. Her face is actually rather pretty, but she doesn't think so or seem like she thinks so. Her hair is pitch black and really long. Like, reaches to her waist if not longer long. It hangs in her face like all the time, hiding her from the world, just how she likes it. Her eyes, if you can get her to look you in the eyes for more than an instant, are a stormy grey-blue.
Clothing: Sneakers, worn jeans, and a pink sweater under what looks like a men's blazer. Which it is.
Personality: On the outside, she's shy and timid, quiet. Doesn't speak a lot, and when she does she has a terrible stutter. But if you get to know her, although those traits remain, you can see a more expressive side of her, one that can show how she feels on the inside.
Backstory: Her parents were murdered when she was an infant. At the time, some friends of her parents and their young son were over to meet her. The friends were killed as well. The six-year-old boy ran off with baby Madi as soon as he realized the killers were after them too. They lived on the streets for years, hiding from the killers as well as the foster care system. No way was the boy leaving Madi's side. When he was 17 and she was 11, they finally found the murderers, who had committed way more crimes than just killing their parents by then. The 'boy' killed them, but not before they took his own life in return. Madi barely made it out herself, and that was only because he sacrificed himself to get her out. She's been living on her own since then, living off the lessons her pseudo-brother taught her. It's his favorite blazer she always wears, it has a handy array of knives and darts with poisons and sedatives. She hardly ever, if ever at all, used them though. She mostly just lived as a thief, stealing food and necessities only when she had to, getting odd jobs as soon as she was old enough. She never kept any, her natural timidity and strong stutter got her fired fast everywhere she went. She keeps trying, though. She knows her brother would want her to live a better life than the one she was raised in.
Other: It'll take a while for her to open up, but all she needs to do so is someone willing to care and a bit of time. When she does, her stutter will lighten around them, but not fade completely. When she's scared or nervous, her stutter will worsen.

Will she work? Pleeeease?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Another beautiful story to add to my reading list! :3

Name: Relatively Normal Daren Gallows
Appearance: Dark long (to shoulders) black hair always in a small ponytail. Eyes are green.
Clothes: Wears regular clothing of the times, I don't really care
Personality: Mysterious, evil seeming person at first, but his really close friends (maybe their all dead, or maybe you could just make up characters or whatever, just do whatever works for your story!) know he has a good heart, and he wants what is best for people. He wont express any of his emotions ever so most people don't think he cares about anything
Backstory: He was mistreated as a child by his parents, and he hated all people older than him because he began to formulate a stereotype in his mind that anyone older was a jerk and was evil. Although he is older and he should have matured past that childish thinking by now, he still holds a small amount on enmity towards older people, its like a natural instinct to him now that he hasn't been able to overcome. After ten years of his abusive situation (he is 14 by now) he ran away from home and began to wander the country, looking for work, homes and maybe even deep down a meaning to his pointless life. Along the way he had met some others in bad situations, and he could relate to them. When he was 17 he made a vow to himself to help those in the most need, because he couldn't bear to think of anyone suffering what he had (and still does) suffered. When he was 20 he met a girl, later to be his lover, and she was in a rut with money. She had no way to help feed her family at home, and all the men who hired her fired her not to long after. Daren instantly told her that he would work for her and help her get money for her and her family, however the girl didn't want to take this offer for free so she made a bargain with him and agreed to shelter him at her house. He learned her name was Lynda, and soon he helped Lynda also to find a job, and her family wasn't living so deep in poverty anymore. Daren and Lynda loved eath other and they promise each other to marry one day, once they could afford somewhere better to live with their own family. Soon, though, when Daren was 24, a pleague swept over the town, and Lynda died a terrible death. Daren suffered once more, and now he hated getting close to any woman for fear of losing her and feeling that pain again.
Other: Lynda liked cats a lot, and so Daren loves to be around them because they remind him of her. They bring out a gentle side in him, which he doesn't let anyone see often. He likes to see the cats in secret, where he can be alone with his memories of Lynda.

Use him as you please!

Good character, I'll probably change a few minor things in order to work him into the context of the story, but thanks!

*throws hands in the air and raegquits* Whaddaya mean no Lukes?! *sigh* Alright, lemme see who else I gotz... No Dagger because of Daren, rats.

...Post-Puberty!Madi, maybe?

POST-PUBERTY!MADI IT IS!

Name: Madeline Black. She's trying to stop introducing herself as the childish nickname Madi, but she still does so when she's nervous, which is a good bit of the time. Will quickly correct herself upon realizing as such.
Age: Uhm, I dunno, 20. POST-PUBERTY!MADI IS HARD TO MAKE AGES FOR.
Appearance: Average height, skinny. Her face is actually rather pretty, but she doesn't think so or seem like she thinks so. Her hair is pitch black and really long. Like, reaches to her waist if not longer long. It hangs in her face like all the time, hiding her from the world, just how she likes it. Her eyes, if you can get her to look you in the eyes for more than an instant, are a stormy grey-blue.
Clothing: Sneakers, worn jeans, and a pink sweater under what looks like a men's blazer. Which it is.
Personality: On the outside, she's shy and timid, quiet. Doesn't speak a lot, and when she does she has a terrible stutter. But if you get to know her, although those traits remain, you can see a more expressive side of her, one that can show how she feels on the inside.
Backstory: Her parents were murdered when she was an infant. At the time, some friends of her parents and their young son were over to meet her. The friends were killed as well. The six-year-old boy ran off with baby Madi as soon as he realized the killers were after them too. They lived on the streets for years, hiding from the killers as well as the foster care system. No way was the boy leaving Madi's side. When he was 17 and she was 11, they finally found the murderers, who had committed way more crimes than just killing their parents by then. The 'boy' killed them, but not before they took his own life in return. Madi barely made it out herself, and that was only because he sacrificed himself to get her out. She's been living on her own since then, living off the lessons her pseudo-brother taught her. It's his favorite blazer she always wears, it has a handy array of knives and darts with poisons and sedatives. She hardly ever, if ever at all, used them though. She mostly just lived as a thief, stealing food and necessities only when she had to, getting odd jobs as soon as she was old enough. She never kept any, her natural timidity and strong stutter got her fired fast everywhere she went. She keeps trying, though. She knows her brother would want her to live a better life than the one she was raised in.
Other: It'll take a while for her to open up, but all she needs to do so is someone willing to care and a bit of time. When she does, her stutter will lighten around them, but not fade completely. When she's scared or nervous, her stutter will worsen.

Will she work? Pleeeease?

Actually, she's perfect for the story! Her backstory actually fits in with some of the things I have planned (the people who murdered her family) so thanks. :) Approved, accepted, cheerio, ta da. ;)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
WOOOOOOOOOO! :party:

...Y-you r-really hate m-me, d-don't you?

Nooooooes, I just love putting you in traumatic and dramatic situations. *huggles*

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Name: Grant Aamor
Appearance: Short, brown-auburn hair. A squat face, his eyes are close together and small. He is just below average height. His lips are small and he has a prominent jaw line.
Clothing: A salmon button up shirt along with beige pants. Casual stuff.
Personality: Very smart, but not intelligent. As in, strategically he can think, but knows very little scholarly. Very insecure about his weaknesses, and is therefore agressive. It is due to this, that he is very dislikable, and he himself dislikes most people as well. Sarcastic, in a very insulting way.
Side: Evil

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So what was Slater about? I recall the title, but not the story. Respond to that if you wish. In the meantime, here is my character. Thanks for allowing the late entry.

Name: Adamaris Zuñiga
Appearance: Stands 5-10, weights about 186 lbs, has light tan skin, gray-blue eyes and dark brown short hair. (He is from Spain, if you wanna know)
Clothes: Likes to dress in black suits, or white ones as well, but because he also played soccer professionally for a few years, he also tends to dress with sport shirts and jeans.
Personality: Quiet and reserved and has a love for life, but as to women in particular he tends to be cold and uninterested in them due to having been betrayed by that someone who called herself his true love.
Side: Good, I say
Backstory: He was a good forward playing for Atalanta in the Italian league until the day he left sports for good (His sweetie betrayed him with another dude, lol). In fact, if you wanna use this somehow in your story, he was the cause for the team to make it to the Serie A division one after he had one hell of a year in which he broke several team records. After he was betrayed, or cheated on, He threw himself to the night life going to bars and partying just because, until he met someone who got him back in line. I don't know who this someone could be, maybe one of your members belonging to that righteous group of yours? Because he is young, he's been having thoughts about returning to Professional soccer, however, because he is involved with that righteous group, he knows his priority is to help them with the cause and leaves this matter for last.
Other: If you have a good ending for your story, perhaps you could have my character return to professional soccer, with his other friends going to watch him play, etc. Anything is possible in a story, eh? XD Just saying. Hope he is okay for you to use. ~Gobli

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom