• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Laura Kate Dale: BotW May Be Delayed to June in Europe, but Perhaps Not America and Japan

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Now, we have heard very terrible rumors from Laura Kate Dale that Breath of the Wild may be delayed from March.... However, that doesn't add up with anything that is happening within America companies. We have recently had complete guidebooks concerning this game, and GameStop, an American Company has planned various advertisements and a release in Q1 2017.... Yet her rumors say vehemently that BotW will be delayed.

Today, in an AMA she states "I have only heard PAL BOTW June, not heard worldwide release date info.".
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...m_laurakbuzz_nintendo_switch_leaker_and_full/

Now this makes all the more sense with localization troubles. Since NoE has to translate in many different languages for their game........

I gotta say, this will absolutely blow for all of my European friends on this site........ However, the silver lining is that the Switch will likely be region free. So, if you really want it on release date, you can just nab a North American version of the game. Which... Is really good. So you guys will be able to not experience the delay. But this is still weird nontheless...

But this really makes sense with what we already know, considering GameStop and other merchandise is coming blazing in America... However reliable rumors in Europe say that the game is delayed in June.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, I've gotta ask:

Who is Laura Dale and why do we care what she says?
Laura Kate Dale is a leaker who has gotten nearly everything about the Switch thus far, months in advance before Nintendo even unveiled the thing.

Her sources have proven to be legitimate, trustworthy, and Dale has proven to be a very competent leaker. She has proven to be quite viable, and more importantly, she has not been wrong yet(although there are just a few little blimps, such as where the "TV Connector" is, which is likely due to development kits for the game being slightly different from the finished product).

She has gotten everything right from The Console being a Hybrid Console, to it having detachable controllers, to some games that are coming for it, and much much more.
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...rs-support-motion-control-and-force-feedback/
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/08/report-nx-handheld-dimensions-layout-info-lack-of-region-lock/

Last edited:

But seriously, if this rumor proves true, this will suck dreadfully for the people in Europe, especially the ones on this site who will basically have to drop this website for 4 months so they don't get any Breath of the Wild spoilers.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

But seriously, if this rumor proves true, this will suck dreadfully for the people in Europe, especially the ones on this site who will basically have to drop this website for 2 months so they don't get any Breath of the Wild spoilers.

Like I said in the OP... Luckily, the Switch will not be region locked, so our European friends can easily import BotW from the US.

Like I said in the OP... Luckily, the Switch will not be region locked, so our European friends can easily import BotW from the US.
I know the Switch isn't region locked, but would the import still mean they'd get their copy day one? They'd probably still have to drop in activity. Not to mention, importing can be more costly than it would be just to buy the game at your nearest store.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I know the Switch isn't region locked, but would the import still mean they'd get their copy day one? They'd probably still have to drop in activity. Not to mention, importing can be more costly than it would be just to buy the game at your nearest store.
Not necessarily.

If Nintendo is anything like how PS4 does region locking, you can set up an America NNID on your Switch, and be able to download it for no extra money.
If they decide to import physically, or if that is their only choice.... Then they will have to wait about a week unfortunately. But a week is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than waiting 4 months(hell, if BotW does release at launch, I won't play it for about a half a month). It does cost extra, and a shipment from US to Europe will cost about 5 pounds... However that isn't that much(only about an extra $8 to get the game 4 months early).

Aku

For those that might be importing the US version, what company/site/store do you think you might try and get it from?

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Why does Australia have to share its region releases with Europe smh

First the N64 cartridges (as well as any classic PAL region games) are 4x more expensive thanks to their obsession with the Master System and now this

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator

Unless you have a Wii U and want to get that version because of not wanting to purchase another Nintendo console on day one after the Wii U, or just not being able to justify the cost (which I assume will be many people).

Zachie

Moo
As an Australian I will be extremely unhappy if this is what ends up happening. Why do we always end up being the ones that have to wait longer for games? :(

If the Switch is region free it just means everyone will import BotW from the US.
RIP European and Australian sales of the game.

So, I've gotta ask:

Who is Laura Dale and why do we care what she says?
I could ask the exact same about you, but that would be rude, I respect you more than that. She is just another rumour source. Take it with the appropriate amount of salt and it's all good.

As an Australian I will be extremely unhappy if this is what ends up happening. Why do we always end up being the ones that have to wait longer for games? :(
I feel your pain. I'm Australian too. It's not jsut the waiting times too. It's also the price. We pay on average $20 more. This is comparing our prices to the US post tax prices. We Aussies have gotten the raw end of the stick on everything Nintendo except Amiibo. Australia have had it the best in the world Amiibo wise.

Are you going to a Switch Midnight launch party if EB games have them like they did for the WiiU?

I would get the US BoTW if only PAL is delayed
So would everyone I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom