• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Latest Video Game Purchase

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have
Star Ocean The Last Hope international
Pokemon Black
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur V

on my list.

Assassin's Creed II on Mac/PC (Steam allows you to play on both if you have both) and Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. They both have a TON to do.

I've never played but I understand Tomb Raider *ahem* "borrows" heavy inspiration from the Uncharted series, for better or worse.

I recently got into the Tomb Raider series. Also, Uncharted *ahem* "borrows" its gameplay from Tomb Raider, which has been around since the 90's. Also, if you're in it for the action bits, I don't reccomend the older games. I like them, but they're more massive-level exploration oriented. But it's cool to see more people getting into the series from this long-anticipated reboot. You're gonna love the ending (I beat it the week it came out because I couldn't stop playing). Just promise not to tell people Uncharted came first. :)

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I recently got into the Tomb Raider series. Also, Uncharted *ahem* "borrows" its gameplay from Tomb Raider, which has been around since the 90's. Also, if you're in it for the action bits, I don't reccomend the older games. I like them, but they're more massive-level exploration oriented. But it's cool to see more people getting into the series from this long-anticipated reboot. You're gonna love the ending (I beat it the week it came out because I couldn't stop playing). Just promise not to tell people Uncharted came first. :)

Well, yeah Uncharted is heavily influenced by Tomb Raider which is in turn heavily influenced by Indiana Jones. In fact, Lara Croft exists because the placeholder character used during development looked scarily similar to a certain whip cracking archaeologist in a fedora and the developers knew they were gonna get sued.

But the differences between Uncharted and the earlier TR games is apparent. This new "reboot" though draws more from Uncharted's bending of TR's earlier methods than it does its series predecessors.

And no I'm not in it for Uncharted and TRs "action bits" although they are a decent addition to the series. Even better still since TR does retain some of its predecessors massive level exploration oriented design.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I freaking told myself to stop buying games...but guess what, I just bought
Star Ocean The Last Hope International
Soul Calibur IV

Sonic Adventure

Last edited:
This:
2013-04-19213033_zpsa4b46207.jpg

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
A couple of days ago I got Uncharted 3 GOTYE for 20 bucks at Best Buy. 45 dollars of extra content... the **** out of here with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom