• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Latest Video Game Purchase

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, with some money I got for my birthday, I went down to my local GameStop and purchased *drum roll* a PlayStation 2. *gasp* (But, he only owns Nintendo systems. What blasphemy is this? :O)

To be honest, the PlayStation 2 was on my list of two consoles I must own, the other being the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, but it is a little bit easier to find a PS2 within walking distance from your college dorm (1.25 miles away to be precise) than a Super Nintendo that you have to find somewhere on the interwebs. So, what games did I get? Yeah, heh, I should elaborate on those.

The first game I got was Gran Turismo 4. I must say, the game is stunning, and it made me realize how awesome the Dual Shock 2 is since the buttons are analog, as in they can detect how hard you are pressing them down in order to properly apply the gas and brakes. Another game I got was SOCOM 3. Eh, it is alright, but it doesn't seem like my style of game, so I might return it in a little bit; my biggest complaint is that for a game that requires you to go behind cover, it isn't exactly easy to get behind cover.

The final game I picked up was Capcom Classics Collection (Volume I). This was the most expensive game at the whopping price of $10. However, I have to say, the $10 is ver much worth it, for there are over twenty different classic Capcom arcade titles on it, ranging from 1943 (whose theme is stuck in my head), Ghosts'n Goblins (whose theme is also stuck in my head), and Street Fighter 2 (which I have very little idea about how to play). If I had to pay a quarter for every time I had to start/continue a game (after lives are lost), I probably would have paid double what the disc cost me. So, all in all, I have to say that the PS2 has a great future for me, especially when I get into the even bigger titles on the system.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Well, technically it's Blue Dragon, but that was for less than seven dollars at Gamestop. Before that, it was Dishonored, which despite the glowing reviews is remarkably.. um... unremarkable. I finished it in two days. The game isn't bad, it's got its fair share of the usual stealth action frustrations and the world is interesting to look at, but Dishonored is rarely exciting and a bore at best. Rather unbalanced as well. And it's short. Like I said, two days with no incentive to play again.

Dishonored can be best described as "lame".

Before that I picked up Borderlands... again... and this time actually managed to get into it. This was right on the heels of the sequels release.

I'm desperate for games to play and there is nothing out. I'm actually considering buying back Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but it just seems too soon, ya know?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
After much prodding by Ventus, I've purchased Resident Evil 6. I am not getting the feel for this game as I'm having troubles regarding the controls, however I really like the setup of the game -- it has the makings of greatness.

A kid is selling me his Xbox 360 games for $5(some might be less). I'm going to pay him in the future but right now these are the games he gave me. More to come.
-Gears of War 3-$5
-Left 4 Dead 2-$5
-Fallout:New Vegas-$5
-Call of Duty:MW3-$5

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
A kid is selling me his Xbox 360 games for $5(some might be less). I'm going to pay him in the future but right now these are the following games he gave me. More to come.
-Gears of War 3-$5
-Left 4 Dead 2-$5
-Fallout:New Vegas-$5
-Call of Duty:MW3-$2

You're paying too much for GoW. :P Not worth the plastic it's printed on.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I downloaded OoT on my Wii, soon to have MM when I have a few extra bucks for points. Before that it was Megamind for the PSP(for the offspring to play) before that it was SS.... I dont buy games often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom