Purchased a boxed Japanese Orange GameCube for about 4500 yen ($40 USDish). Got an adaptor to covert the AV cable to HDMI too and Wind Waker I already purchased previously for 900 yen. Managed to forget to buy a memory card though, so I’ll have to go get one of those sometime soon. Playing more games through in Japanese is gonna be a good learning tool for sure though.
I got a memory card for my new gamecube since i forgot to get that last time.
I also got boxed Japanese copies of all of the following:
- Zelda Twilight Princess Gamecube (~$50)
- Zelda Wind Waker Gamecube (~$10)
- Pokemon Colosseum Gamecube (~$4)
- Mario Party 4 Gamecube (~$4)
- Pokemon Box Gamecube(~$2) (I also got Ruby and Sapphire on Gameboy for about $4 each)
- Animal Crossing Gamecube
- Soul Calibur 2 Gamecube
- Donkey Kong Country SNES (~$5)
Building up a collection of games so when I move back to Australia I will have plenty of content to use to practice Japanese language and not forget it. Plus it is so so so cheap compared to back home. Planning on grabbing a Japanese SNES and N64 before I go home also for about $20 and $30 respectively.