• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah ok maybe you didn't

Either way, the whole thing of "making it fun" for kids is so incredibly stupid to me, kids have to learn that there's a real reason for something, and also it's just dumb to make life a game because life isn't a game and if you get treated like it is when you're a kid, then you're in for a rude awakening eventually. This goes beyond teethbrushing.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm a person whose parents always enforced oral hygiene, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit, but as I grew old I kinda started neglecting it a lot.
I strongly believe that if I had had an app that made brushing teeth more fun and independent as a kid, it's highly likely that it would've had a positive impact in my routine, even as an adult.

That's not to say parents shouldn't still enforce nor make sure kids are taking care of their teeth, they definitely should. It's just that now they have a tool at their disposal that makes it happen more effectively while also being more pleasant for the kid.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Either way, the whole thing of "making it fun" for kids is so incredibly stupid to me, kids have to learn that there's a real reason for something, and also it's just dumb to make life a game because life isn't a game and if you get treated like it is when you're a kid, then you're in for a rude awakening eventually. This goes beyond teethbrushing.
I mean they can explain to them there's an important reason for it, while also using a tool to make it less of a drag lol
It honestly sounds like a win-win: the kid not only does what they need to do but also looks forward to that, sometimes even doing it more efficiently

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That's basically bribery. The reason for doing something should be motivation enough. And I get that we're talking about kids, I'm saying that they need to learn that at a young age.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
Aren’t you rewarded with money at your job for doing the things you’re meant to do?

We’re taught that if there’s a reward, we should do it. Thus is the fundamentals of having a job.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Aren’t you rewarded with money at your job for doing the things you’re meant to do?

We’re taught that if there’s a reward, we should do it. Thus is the fundamentals of having a job.
I think chevy's logic is that it's bad because we're not teaching the kids that brushing their teeth rewards a healthy mouth, but rather that brushing teeth rewards something in a game.

Idk what to say, as they grow up they'll understand the real reason why they did it and be grateful. It's not like anyone will reach their 20s and still think the reason for brushing teeth is to make pikachu happy on a screen.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
I think chevy's logic is that it's bad because we're not teaching the kids that brushing their teeth rewards a healthy mouth, but rather that brushing teeth rewards something in a game.

Idk what to say, as they grow up they'll understand the real reason why they did it and be grateful. It's not like anyone will reach their 20s and still think the reason for brushing teeth is to make pikachu happy on a screen.
Chevy it’s an app for little kids that teaches them to have healthy teeth and making good habits

What do you not understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom