• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
wahoo-fishing-underwater.jpg

so of all the massive flights of stairs ive fallen down while dissecting bug fables lore and subtext, i was not prepared for the one i gawked at today

it was so minor, such a tiny thing that i wasnt even examining for this reason but i noticed something while i was trying to assess something else and it just ****ing

broke

me

more evidence for the secret plot that i was convinced existed back during my first playthrough *rubs hands*

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i was alarmed at first cus starting like that i thought you had actually fallen down a flight of stairs

but interesting, do you ever have plans to contact the creators and ask them about your theories?

no i'd be terrified to talk to them

ive had people tell me with hollow knight that i was looking too far into things ("its a game about bugs not about people having two souls, frax") and i just dont like sharing anymore cuz that hurts. would ****ing crush me if the creators who actually can confirm the intent of the work told me that i was looking too far

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
ok yeah it would be kind of sad if they said something like that. i like to think most artists and writers like when people read between the lines and have their own interpretations, but other times ive seen the creators themselves say its not that deep and shun theorists for thinking about their own story more than they did (which is a really odd thing to do) so yeah i can understand not wanting to take a risk like that.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
reminds me of the day someone left a cheapo $5 speaker near my dept. stuck on the try-me ringing setting, when i finally figured out what and where it was, i found out that the button was jammed so it literally couldn't turn off, so i took it behind the service desk, ripped its cheap plastic open, bashed the motherboard with a shampoo bottle until it snapped in half then tossed it in the compactor :)

i had the dumbest interaction since "which game are you playing?" "pokemon, why?" "oh i have y too" "NO IM PLAYING X"

someone warning me about screamers in a song and i said i listen to death metal so its prolly fine and i KNEW they meant jumpscares but i meant **** with the songs suddenly going aggressive and not the vocals and oh my god they thought i meant the vocals

aaaaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom