• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

......thats exactly the point though?

you're thinking about how what youre posting/saying is going to please others. stop that.

i dont appreciate you singling the few of us out in your examples there but what we have in common is we're not trying to IMPRESS anyone by talking about stuff. we're not trying to talk about it because we have an audience. we're just talking about it because we want to talk about it.

fishing. for. likes. is. stupid.

if everything you do has an undertone of trying to please/impress people then it is going to have the opposite effect. people are not stupid. they can tell when people are doing things for attention. they will ignore you.

just ****ing. stop trying so hard. just... exist.

i cant make this any simpler.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Well I am being myself, in my art blog I’m showing off my favorite characters/Pokémon/animals, Im sharing that, because why else make a blog about it? I realize that you guys do care, and I don’t want to come off as entitled, but I feel like when it’s not something deep about myself, it feels hard just to talk about my interests, like I don’t feel that confident talking about AA, HK or Celeste anymore, and I envy how you can talk about NASCAR so easily, Frax can talk about Bug Fables so easily or how Cthulhu can make such big posts about his interests, and how you can talk to others about it. Why should I even bother if no one cares, same thing if I’m not funny, I shouldn’t try to be.

I don’t know why else I’m gonna make a blog if not for wanting you guys to see it, if I didn’t want attention I wouldn’t make any blog posts. I feel lonely, and I feel like it’s mainly when I’m in distress or sad that people notice me. I crave attention, but that ends up causing trouble, or making things worse. And after my friend irl distanced themself from me. I try hard to join in and be a third wheel because I feel invisible sometimes, and it doesn’t feel good. I don’t like just getting replied “okay”, or nothing at all. I don’t feel confident anymore, I just feel like I don’t belong sometimes, I’m not welcome, I’m just something that’s some empty space.

Why try to “be myself” here if no one cares? That doesn’t help me or anybody else. I hate how much I’ve leaved this place in shame, then come back, and the formula repeats. What do I contribute here? Why should I even BE here? Why can’t I just feel comfortable. I’m just a ghost too scared to talk or a forced third wheel seen as as someone that tries too hard to be likeable, or I’m a self loathing mess.

I don’t feel wanted, I don’t feel like people will want to talk to me, and I don’t feel like I will be
Bud, just don't try to please people, because if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

I firmly accept that not everyone's going to like me, not everyone's going to share my interests or hobbies, and not everyone's going to care or read my blog posts. That's fine, I accept it. But that's not the reason I write them.

This may sound selfish, but you should talk about your own interests and do the things you like to do, not because other people will like you for doing it, but because you have a passion for it. That's what people appreciate, passion.

Myself and my fellow bandmates and friends make music not because we want to please people, but because we want to make it purely for the joy of music and creating music, and let the chips fall where they may. Is everyone into metal? No. Fewer still are into thrash metal, but we love the genre and want to contribute our voice to it.

I don't talk about my recent diagnoses because I fish for likes, because I feel it's healthy to talk about it amongst people you care about. It keeps you strong, which betters your chances at fighting it.

Why try to be yourself if no one cares? That's honestly a weird question, if I'm going to be frank. Who else could be you? Who else has your genetic code, your personality, your morals, your goals, your dreams. You are you, and you are unique, like it or not. Just embrace who you are. Fighting your nature to please everyone else is ultimately what I mean when I say if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

i sometimes feel like im screaming into the void ahen i write blogs

especially when the only interaction i got on one of them was dizzi bullying me. kind if why i stopped.

but i write my blogs for myself and then i just opt to share them with zd because i share myself with zd

but thats exactly it: i dont write my blogs FOR zd. i write them for me.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
i sometimes feel like im screaming into the void ahen i write blogs

especially when the only interaction i got on one of them was dizzi bullying me. kind if why i stopped.

but i write my blogs for myself and then i just opt to share them with zd because i share myself with zd

but thats exactly it: i dont write my blogs FOR zd. i write them for me.
Bro, same, I do it for the same reason. I write them for me, and if people happen to read and like them, well, that's cool.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
......thats exactly the point though?

you're thinking about how what youre posting/saying is going to please others. stop that.

i dont appreciate you singling the few of us out in your examples there but what we have in common is we're not trying to IMPRESS anyone by talking about stuff. we're not trying to talk about it because we have an audience. we're just talking about it because we want to talk about it.

fishing. for. likes. is. stupid.

if everything you do has an undertone of trying to please/impress people then it is going to have the opposite effect. people are not stupid. they can tell when people are doing things for attention. they will ignore you.

just ****ing. stop trying so hard. just... exist.

i cant make this any simpler.
But you can talk to others about your interests, so easily, and people converse with you and enjoy your conversation, people think you’re kind and funny, it’s always easy for you on here. I don’t feel like you guys enjoy my company, and I’ve had to set boundaries and those boundaries won’t ever go away. I don’t like myself, I want others to like me, because if people don’t like, and I don’t like myself, what’s the point of doing things? What am I doing by just existing and posting my interests with no one caring on an online platform? It doesn’t help me or myself feel better.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
What am I doing by just existing and posting my interests with no one caring on an online platform? It doesn’t help me or myself feel better.
i think the point is that people dont need to care, you should be doing it for yourself instead of for external validation. and as for liking yourself, you cant expect trying to get people to like you to fix that problem, your self worth should not be tied to other people. ive had falling outs with quite a few friends and while im sad to lose them i dont think any less of myself just cus i dont have as many people around me, my self worth isnt attached to my relationship with others and yours shouldnt be either.

who the hell told you things are easy for other people? thats pretty damn presumptuous of you to say something like that

if you want me to open the can of worms right here, if this is something you've been dying to talk about i suppose i can humor you.

i ignore you because most if not everything you do on zd reeks of seeking approval. i can sum it up in one example because this is the one that will stay in my mind for the context of how you are and what you do when you interact with me.

the worst thing youve ever done to me was when you drew me a picture of a character i love, when you knew i was mad at you. that just made me madder; you had to involve something i cared about in your sucking up game. salt in the wound type **** all the time, you had to take that thing i cared about down with you. and i had to just pretend everything was FINE--it just put me in a hostage situation cuz i had to be "nice" and thank you for the drawing even though it pissed me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom