• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
did you mean: team skull? bruh guzma was such a great character, he is literally a better version of some of this stuff you're describing. idr if he was bullied but he grew up in an abusive household n ****

sorry, i just dont really believe in liking something solely for its archetype.

i tend to gravitate toward certain archetypes in stories, sure--we probably all do to an extent--but if its a bad take on an archetype i like, i aint gonna give it praise for being a worse version of something else. in extreme cases, i may actually despise it for being such a bad take. i wouldnt say team star as a whole is that far, but penny is easily toeing that line.
Well yeah, that’s true. I can’t really describe it well. I just like them, but I admit that their writing has problems and I wish they were expanded upon because the flashbacks didn’t feel like enough, which is probably why I was intrigued by them, like it makes me wonder “What was the whole story, because they tell us a lot about it but they don’t show it well”

And also because in my story I have a similar plot line of an oppressed species who are hated for being known for the actions of their ancestors and are basically prejudiced as filthy and sinful, not treated like they’re the same creature they are and “something else” and there’s miscommunication between the goddess of the world in my story and her followers, who hate the species for the actions of their ancestors, while this species ends of taking the worst of someone’s thoughts to exploit the followers of the goddess, and ends up turning them into misshapen beasts who end up being full of fear. And this species and the current ruler of this species wants to rule authority and want to be treated like a god and have the powers that the goddess has, while the goddess is in lament for her past tyranny and left the world to escape into a silent realm because she feels she doesn’t deserve to be a goddess or known as living after she had killed others for not accepting her religion of herself

Idk if that’s exactly similar but when I was playing SV Team’s Star’s story reminded me of that, which is another reason I got intrigued. Idk their bullying story is just intriguing to me, though it wasn’t done as good as it could’ve been

if its something relevant to a project youre working on then i think thats more reason to be critical of how other media handles it because you want to be as aware as possible of how to effectively address those themes

i guess i can see the similarity there if i squint really hard? but ditching class cuz edgy is different than being straight up exiled from society.
but i will tell you, if you write the characters who need to atone as if they have done nothing wrong or are victims because people wont forgive them, then its going to be bad or send a bad message. you need to hold them accountable in order for them to have any sort of closure

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
sure thing
I'm looking forward to it tbh

seeing folks go back and forth on "woe is me no more Persona emblem" and "hell yeah no more Persona emblem" has been entertaining
also nice to see that FE switch icons have finally dropped

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
main issue with the story is the characters... maybe they'll be fleshed out more in the DLC or something
right now they're pretty boring
If there ever is a dlc, I’d like to see more info or stuff on Geeta, because I found her just so underwhelming. Like she’s constantly hyped up throughout the game as a top champion and Pokémon battler but her fight was really disappointing for me, despite me being the same level as her it felt overly easy and not very fun, and as a champion and character she’s pretty bad imo. She has Glimmora and Kingambit on her team though and I really like both of those mons

She also has a child be one of the elite four members and that weirded me out lol. Then again there’s Tate and Liza from gym 3 who are children and gym leaders

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
If there ever is a dlc, I’d like to see more info or stuff on Geeta, because I found her just so underwhelming. Like she’s constantly hyped up throughout the game as a top champion and Pokémon battler but her fight was really disappointing for me, despite me being the same level as her it felt overly easy and not very fun, and as a champion and character she’s pretty bad imo. She has Glimmora and Kingambit on her team though and I really like both of those mons

She also has a child be one of the elite four members and that weirded me out lol. Then again there’s Tate and Liza from gym 3 who are children and gym leaders
I mostly meant the main characters but a lot of people have found geeta underwhelming tbf

idk

i think stuff is just acting up and more got goofed up than what it looks like on the surface

and im still trying to decide if i should do a system restore but i dont even know if the restore point was made before the **** started getting goofed up cuz some of these things got ****ed up before the restart for updates
and i cant even do it without safemode becsuse of something supposedly with my antivirus but if i do it in safemode i cant revert it and i dont trust it to not do it without screwing stuff up more and im just so

tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom