• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

truly in character cuz i met marshmallow at a cookout and therefore fire behind him was totally real:tm:

this is the full pic btw.. i kinda like this

tumblr_e9429641cb51fca8423cd019c2a94f47_cce5498e_2048.jpg

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Holy ****, your pencil shading is legendary, it seriously almost looks 3D! And I love the little singing echo in the corner lmao

Thank you!!!!!! sdjksjdskdjskjdks
and yes I love my little singing self too lol
I wonder what type of vocals she's singing :suspicious:

I love your art Echo!! Your technique with a pencil is soooo refined.

Thanks so much arch!!!! <3
I've been drawing with pencil for a long time, it's what I drew with before colored pencils, so I've had a lot of practice. It's one of my favorite things to draw with when I just want to sketch and not stress about anything. I think it's because I've become really comfortable with pencil, and sketching's become second-nature at this point lol

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I can tell you've been using them for a while! I honestly didn't even know it was possible to shade like that with a pencil.

thank you <3
I use mechanical pencils to draw, so that probably effects how the shading looks. It's not special art pencils or anything like that though, just some cheap mechanical pencils you'd use for school or something. But the amount of pressure you put on the pencil and what part of the lead you use (like the skinny sharp tip or the smoother side of the lead) changes how it looks on paper.

Like, with the tail I used harsh, heavy strokes for the stripes and then went back over it with lighter shading to smooth it out. And then with the hoodie and the pants I slowly shaded with multiple layers, making sure to make it smooth with no white from the paper showing.

Yknow, I've been thinking of making a little video of me just drawing my fursona or something easy to show you guy how I shade and draw with pencil, maybe I'll do that soon

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
yoooo mechanical pencil gang!!

YES
MECHANICAL PENCIL GANG UNITE

but yeah I only use mechanical pencils now. A long time ago I would use regular pencils every now and then but the tip would always get too rounded and I'd have to sharpen it all the time and it was so annoying lol
but with mechanical pencils all you have to do is push the top down and bam more lead yess
also it stays sharp

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
can you just like force me to be good at arting

I can't force you, you gotta practice!! But I think you're doing very well right now, every artist is at a different experience level, it takes practice and stuff to improve. But I promise you will if you practice regularly. I had to draw every day for years to get where I am now. I sketched all the time and that's how I improved, and you can too! <3

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
I use mechanical pencils for guidelines and sketches and stuff, but I mainly use markers and pens. Shading with markers is very different, I'm pretty sure, because you can't just bare down harder or rotate the pen for a different look, you have to switch colors or techniques (strokes, direction, nib, etc.)

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I use mechanical pencils for guidelines and sketches and stuff, but I mainly use markers and pens. Shading with markers is very different, I'm pretty sure, because you can't just bare down harder or rotate the pen for a different look, you have to switch colors or techniques (strokes, direction, nib, etc.)

oh markers are definitely not something I use often. One reason might be because I actually don't have any artist/fancy markers, just some crayola markers lying around. I mean, I know they're usable but they make streaks so bad whenever I try to fill a large space in with one color that I was just like nope I'm sticking to pencils. But also I don't really know the techniques for shading with markers, I'm used to layering a lot and changing pressure for different colors and combining different colors to make a unique shades and stuff.

Maybe someday I'll buy and experiment with copic markers but for now I'd like to stick with pencils/colored pencils/pens and improve there first

but that's awesome you use markers/pens!! Are the pens like the lining pens I use, or are you talking about something different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom